My Turn to ask for Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for asking about us - things are going OK. We continue to adjust everyday; Mama went back to work on Tuesday evening (midnights, :yuck: ) and I've partially moved back into my house. She's ready to box up some of Daddy's clothes for a neighborhood man who's suffered a house fire and I'm ready to think that's a wonderful idea. We're all trying to keep her pleasantly occupied - my cousin has her pick up the kids at school & drop them off when Mama can & she's working a few nights here & there with Kelly & I, cleaning.

What else can we do but carry on? I mean, as much as we miss him, there's nothing any of us can do that will bring him back. We can't just lay down & give up... then our lives would be cut as short as his and that would be a compounded tragedy.

The hardest part for me currently is the absolute helplessness I feel when I consider how much my mother must be physically missing him by now - he always held her hand when they were driving, or kept his arm around her shoulder when they were standing side by side. There are a lot of things I can do for my mom & Kelly can be a great help as well, but none of us can do a single thing to replace those little intimacies they shared & that just rips me up on a daily basis. Of course, some of that comes from my own "withdrawal"... little pats on the leg Daddy would give when you sat down beside him, or how he'd reach over and firmly squeeze my shoulder before rubbing my back when I stood beside him. I don't know how to help fill that gap for Mama when it's still too wide & deep for me.

Anyway, I'm sure you didn't mean for me to turn this into a grief therapy session and start rambling... I've said more than I really needed to (which is typical) but I still am deeply touched by the fact that you care enough to ask how I'm doing.

So long as you're all happy to let me ramble, I'm happy to answer any questions. :hug: to all!

Blu

Dearest Lisa
I wish I could find the words to comfort you, but I am afraid that everything I can say won't help...

I will pray for you and for your family -- I really hope you can stay together and lean on each other in this tragic moment.

Mr. BAW said:
:hug: for you and the family....:hug:

Just don't bump my knee! :wink:
:hug: And you try not to rupture, break, or contuse anything else for at least the next week. You're about as graceful as Kramer on rollerskates, apparently. :wink:

Keep us in your prayers & I'll keep you in mine. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom