It was 1980...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't feel bad joyfulgirl...I was a die-hard Democrat years ago, who's now jumped on the GOP bandwagon wholeheartedly!

is that a good thing???
confused.gif

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
But now I cannot even look at the man without feeling sick. I can't stand him.

That makes two of us. See, we agree on more than I thought!
wink.gif

Originally posted by jezebel:
jezebel voted for Anderson in 1980...anyone remember him? Yep, I had a Jackson Browne sticker, a rainbow, and an Anderson sticker on my truck
eek.gif

Stormy, you must be older than you....appear
biggrin.gif

Now, one would've imagined that's what I would've been up to in 1980...but noooooo...although there *was* a substantial amount of Jackson Browne blasting from my dorm window. double eek!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
don't feel bad joyfulgirl...I was a die-hard Democrat years ago, who's now jumped on the GOP bandwagon wholeheartedly!

is that a good thing???
confused.gif

Methinks it is a good thing to jump ship occasionally and not be blinded by party loyalty.

Don't worry joyfulgirl. See, you're like Darth Vader, and in your youth (1980) you followed the ways of good (Gipper), but then you were corrupted and turned to the dark side. But fear not! When you get old, I'll come and debate you, and you'll claim to be my father (or mother if you're more comfortable with that) and then you cut my hand off, and I'll make some funny sounds and weird faces and fall down a big pit, but then even later, when you're even older and I have a fake hand, I'll just walk up to you and you'll take me to some really liberal guru of your choice and we'll debate some more while he laughs in an evil manner, but you'll feel conflict within as you think back to the sunshine and bongs of 1980, and you'll turn back to the good side and vote for another republican just as the liberal guru electrocutes you as you throw him out of the voting booth and into a bottomless pit. I know the ewoks fit in here, but I can't remember who they represent....

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
That makes two of us. See, we agree on more than I thought!
wink.gif

Heh heh--I might just have a few more surprises like this tucked away.
wink.gif
I am an anomaly amongst my liberal-minded friends on this one, so we don't talk about it.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Heh heh--I might just have a few more surprises like this tucked away.
wink.gif
I am an anomaly amongst my liberal-minded friends on this one, so we don't talk about it.

hehe. I respect a person who can think for themself and not become blinded by partisanship.

Oh and I'm trying to remember what I was doing in 1980. Err...I was maybe 1 year old? Most likely sleeping, eating, crying and pooping.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
but you'll feel conflict within as you think back to the sunshine and bongs of 1980

I'll feel conflict within as I contemplate my next move with the bong...blowing smoke in your face or passing the bong.
biggrin.gif

Ok, I've got two threads going here, one about condoms and one with a bong...I wonder if I have any credibility left around here? (Or maybe I didn't have any to begin with?)

jezebel voted for Anderson in 1980...anyone remember him? Yep, I had a Jackson Browne sticker, a rainbow, and an Anderson sticker on my truck
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Good old Anderson - I was waiting for someone to bring him up! Although I was a good ten years from voting age - I remember watching the debates and asking questions back then (read: geeky little kid who hasn't changed).

eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Yes I remember him! A little old man with white hair. I had friends who voted for him. We made jokes about him having the same name as the YES singer!

Sigh, what can I say. Like Alice Cooper, I've got a baby's brain and an old man's heart
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
EVERYONE gets older. Growing up, however, is quite a different story!
wink.gif

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Back
Top Bottom