Help - need advice/opinions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should I do?

• Go back to college now!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Stay home and go to community college!

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
Sorry for posting this but I seriously need advice, or at least just some people's opinions on this.

Here's the deal: I'm currently at college, having a great time there, have lots of wonderful friends and am involved in lots of fun activities, but studying a subject I don't enjoy that much and which doesn't have much relation to what I think I want to do as a career. I may have the opportunity to leave college, move back home and attend a community college which would prepare me to go back to college in two years time and study the course I truly want to study and have the career I really want.

So, should I
a) go back to college now because I'm happy there and I'd be letting people down and disappointing people if I didn't return.
or
b) stay home, attend community college for two years, and hopefully go back to college to study for a career I'm really interested in. (although there's no guarantee that I'll be accepted to that course even if I study at community college now.)

I can't decide what to do and I'm SO scared of making the wrong decision and destroying what happiness I have at college now and getting nothing in return. Ugh. :yuck: :sick:

Sorry for making this so long, but please :help: if you have ANY idea what I should do or just have a random opinion on my dilemma :) Thanks for listening to me ramble on.

Do what you feel is right for you.

When I was in kindergarten, I had decided on which university I was going to attend and what my major was going to be. That was where I ended up going too (plus I got a nice scholarship for that school). I made friends and had lots of fun...but part of me was really depressed. I began to feel that maybe I wanted to take a different path. I also was nervous about how expensive school was (even with my scholarships). I was scared to make such a big change, but I transferred to a community college and went to live at home (we had moved away from my hometown though, so this community college was totally new to me).

I'm very happy that I made that decision. :)

You cant do a straight transfer from one subject/course/degree to another?

If you cant change over to what you want to do, do the community college. The people who may be upset with your decision dont have to spend the next 40 years in a career they dont want. They should understand.

Angela Harlem said:
You cant do a straight transfer from one subject/course/degree to another?
i was wondering this, too. when i switched majors @ my college, it was no problem. it was just a matter of me doing a lot of walking from one part of campus to another. (but in my case it was because i was switching from a fine arts major to business.)

and if it's the matter of going to a different college, because your major isn't available where you are going now, or somewhere else offers a better curriculum. (for example, i'm a hotel management major, and the founder of holiday inn donated a hotel and building for us to do training, go to class, etc.) but in that case, you should check into the college you want to go to, most, if not all, of your classes should be able to be switched over.

regardless of what you do, good luck! :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone :)
I went to talk to the admissions people at the community college today and right now I think I'm going to go ahead with that. :eek:

I can't really transfer within my college because the education system where I live is sort of different - what you can study at college depends a lot on what you studied before you went to college, and I studied all arts/social sciences subjects and for the course I want to transfer to I'd need to study sciences, so I need to go to the community college and take those science classes before I can re-apply to college.

If I go ahead with community college I start there next Monday ::: scared ::: Wish me luck!

Thanks again for all the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom