Cancer Sucks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
First a friend from highschool who is on his death bed as we speak only has maybe 2 months to live, now my aunt calls telling us our uncle (her husband) has been diagnosed with Cancer. He caught it in the early stages so his chance of fighting it is better.

Sorry to hear. My prayers go out to everyone that has to deal with this. I think we also have to keep in mind that this is a fight not only for the person with the cancer, but this is a fight for the spouse too. It is not easy. I'm still dealing with the loss of my mother due to cancer 6 months ago. I'm so proud of my father these days. They were highschool sweethearts and married for 45 years. I know he lost so much when she passed, but I am in awe of how well he seems to be doing with each day. My heart goes out you bud. To you and your family. Take care.

Clayton.

:down: cancer :down:

J24 - Best wishes and peace for your friend and family...

R of G (Clayton) - I was unaware of your loss...so very sorry but continued strength and good will for your Father...

Having lost both parents and nephew to cancer, I feel your pain...

I am not a religious person Justin, so dont do the prayer thing. However...my thoughts and best wishes are with your freind and Uncle and the people who matter to them.

I'm very sorry to hear this Justin:sad: Catching it early is the most important thing, so I hope your uncle will come out better than before. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 1 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in June of 2006, and she's been cancer-free since December of 2006. It was a scary time, but I'm glad she's healthier than ever now. I'll pray the same for your uncle!:pray: I'll also pray for your friend and his family.

Sorry to hear about that Justin :hug: best wishes to your friend and family :hug:

My grandmother passed away at the begining of november. She was diagnosed at the begining of september. So yes, two months comes fast. Hang in there. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Justin, and also your uncle .My thoughts & prayers are with you and families. It will be 9 nines ago on February the 6th that my dear father passed away from it, so I know what a horrible disease it is. :sad: :hug:

Sorry to hear that Justin. Cancer really sucks and I've seen how horrible it is. My great uncle died of it, so did my great aunt, grandmother, and two of my aunts have just had a battle with breast cancer. Really shitty.

Sicy said:
Sorry to hear that Justin. Cancer really sucks and I've seen how horrible it is. My great uncle died of it, so did my great aunt, grandmother, and two of my aunts have just had a battle with breast cancer. Really shitty.

Wow! That's really shity... :hug:

Im so sorry Justin :hug:

I have an aunt who is battling cancer right now. She has had surgeries on a leg and arm to remove bone that was cancerous. Seems like whenever they think it has stopped spreading it shows up in another place. She lost both her husband and daughter to cancer within months of each other.

:hug: Justin. I feel your pain. Actually many people do so you are not alone in your sadness. I wish a cure for cancer would be found and soon. Cancer has struck my family, my mother is currently battling breast cancer. Hang in there and know we are here for support if you need it. :wink: :hug:

Try to stay positive, Justin - pray if you're inclined to do so or at least think good thoughts. Cancer being found in someone's body doesn't always have to be a death sentence. My doctor suspected I had some abnormal cell growth in the fall of '06 & it was confirmed as early-stage uterine cancer late last spring. I was started on a regimen of anti-cancer medication & since a hysterectomy this past August, I'm so far completely clear. :up:

The 'c' word is one of the scariest things a doctor can say to you, but I honestly believe my faith and my positive outlook played a huge part in things going so smoothly for me - along with early detection & treatment. I pray the same for your uncle. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom