Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2018, 07:03 PM   #801
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
hey, i'm not saying it could happen (tho i wouldn't be opposed to seeing rafa in a suit like that ). i just have a veeeeeeeeery hard time believing the president of the french tennis federation would be using such strong denouncing language in public if it were one of the top male players.

anyways, this whole thing is just absurd coming from the country that invented the bikini. there's no reason whatsoever that women should be required to wear skirts when playing tennis (or any other sport). i could understand the reaction if she was trying to play in shorts and a sports bra or something, but that's literally about the least-revealing piece of athletic clothing she could possibly wear. it's probably even a disadvantage on a hot day.
yeah i wondered about overheating, but i imagine it must be made of very breathable material

re. bikini, i think it's all about context, rules and tradition

mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #802
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:02 AM
#NadalMooseKnuckle

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #803
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Nah. That shit's using technologically advanced material. Nike wouldn't throw their #1 female athlete out there in anything that would give her a disadvantage.
yea maybe it's not really a disadvantage especially when you're a world-class athlete. but it's all black, covers a lot and it's skin-tight. that's gotta get real hot when you're running around in the sun for hours no matter how breathable the material is.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 PM   #804
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yea maybe it's not really a disadvantage especially when you're a world-class athlete. but it's all black, covers a lot and it's skin-tight. that's gotta get real hot when you're running around in the sun for hours no matter how breathable the material is.
I took a tour of the Under Armour factory for work and they explained how these new full body suits actually keep you cooler.. I'd explain it but it was boring as fuck
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:50 PM   #805
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I see the relationship but I don’t think that rapey Weinstein and her actions are the same thing.

First of all, statutory rape and age of consent laws are dumb laws. They make sense in that they protect minors, but it’s difficult to define where the boundaries lay. There are efforts to bandaid their shortcomings (so called “Romeo and Juliet” laws) that protect people of close age. I’d argue that 20 years isn’t very close in age... so her actions are super weird and creepy, but not child rapey creepy. Anyways, there are mental aspects of it that are why the line gets drawn, but I suppose my point is that I never want to step on toes over two consenting adults - but a 17 year old is truly a case by case basis if they qualify as an “adult.” So from that angle, I have no desire to criticize her behavior, even if it’s a strange age difference.

And I do intend to separate her as not being a victim who has become a perp in the sense that Harvey, the original perp, raped her and others. What she’s done, in my eyes, is more off the scummy note of a Louis C K. And for the record, it took open air discussion on here for me to really be harsher on him. But what she’s done is what he did - abusing power as a senior member of their field, effectively, to get what she wants.

Harvey forcefully raped people and abused his power to cover up immoral acts. She abused her power not likely understanding that she’d done so, but more out of pure lust and desire.

It’s not forgivable, but it is different. We should treat it differently, and before ousting someone like this, offer them a path to repair. She’s done awful things, but she is not an awful person.
good post number7. the problem with defining the boundaries is the boundary is in place to protect. protect the underage person atall costs as well as the older one. but mainly the underage. the law doesn't really measure intent as much as it should.

if harvey raped women then he will find out what rape is really about sooner than later.

as for asia, she might be technically as well as morally wrong to some but i will never believe the boy was a victim. i say that having been a 17 year old boy. but there is a double standard that i suppose is sexist in some way.....if asia was a man and the boy was a girl, i am sure my thoughts would be to castrate the man.

either way, it is common sense. if harvey did what he is accused of it isn't remotely comparable to what asia may or may not have done.
u2feed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #806
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
New number who dis.
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #807
Blue Crack Addict

There's a female player at the US Open, from France I believe, who was issued a code violation for taking her top off on the court. She had put it on backwards and wanted to reverse it.

From what I've read taking a shirt off on the court is not a code violation for a man, but it is for a woman. She walked over to the barrier and turned her back to the camera. Nothing could be seen, and so what if it could. She was wearing a sports bra.

I think they overturned the code violation.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #808
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:02 AM
But its not ladylike

LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote