Shooting/Terrorism in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/u...-isis-suspects.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

For F.B.I. agents, watching an Islamic State suspect in the United States is a study in anxiety. Being an Islamic State sympathizer is not against the law. Neither is expressing hatred for the United States on Twitter. Buying guns is also legal, and investigators have watched nervously as terrorism suspects passed background checks and purchased guns more than 2,000 times in the past decade, according to government data.

A terrorism suspect monitored by the FBI can pass a background check to buy guns in this country. If this isn't insane, I don't know what is.

Terrorists have a constitutional right to bear arms. If you take it away from them, I mean, come on... slippery slope, guys.

Yeah, America be on the slippery slope to being an actual first world country, not a third world country that happens to have some people with a lot of money. What next, healthcare? Affordable university?

The anti-Muslimism spreading is very frightening...and playing right into ISIS' hands. These fearful halfwit reactionaries are doing exactly what ISIS want them to do. It's so predictable and sickening. Thankfully there are some leaders (Obama, Trudeau) who understand this. Hopefully the others will listen. The last thing we need are presidents and prime ministers acting like 14 year old boys on a schoolyard. We need intelligent, thoughtful people to deal with this complex and dangerous situation. Or just let Russia handle it. The US and Britain can take credit after, just like WW2.

Emotions are too unreliable to be the primary motivator in fighting ISIS.

If Trump becomes President it would be the worst thing to happen in human history. That man cannot have the power afforded to the office. He's very dangerous, and he speaks like a man who would have been part of the Axis, not the Allies.

I'd love to see Bush Jr, Cheney, Rumsfeld et. al. come out and say "Hey, sorry about this ISIS thing. It's entirely our doing." But no. Bush JR will be palling with his bff and partner in humanitarianism, Bono, on HBO. While the legacy of his illegal, unnecessary war continues to grow.

I kind of feel like Trump is saying all this outrageous shit to get votes though, right? Or notoriety. Surely he couldn't possibly be that much of a cunt of a human being if he actually got into office (or at least couldn't get his racist bullshit through the Senate).

Or maybe I'm underestimating him and I'm wrong.

I kind of feel like Trump is saying all this outrageous shit to get votes though, right? Or notoriety. Surely he couldn't possibly be that much of a cunt of a human being if he actually got into office (or at least couldn't get his racist bullshit through the Senate).

You can't really underestimate this sort of thing. It happens and it's common.

It's a complete and utter publicity stunt that's gone further than he ever thought because, frankly, there are a lot of stupid people in this country.

And the longer this goes on the more I believe that he's a plant arranged by his long time golfing buddy.

Last edited:

You can't really underestimate this sort of thing. It happens and it's common.

It's a complete and utter publicity stunt that's gone further than he ever thought because, frankly, there are a lot of stupid people in this country.

And the longer this goes on the more I believe that he's a plant arranged by his long time golfing buddy.

*watches the world go down in flames* :D [/sicksenseofhumour]

Now 130 gone to heaven. Another death confirmed today after the victim who was critically injured died in hospital. So sad. I still believe - Stronger than fear and pray for Paris.

Jesus. Even a week on, we are still reeling from this senseless attack and I'm sure we will still feel it for weeks or even years and today I just don't understand wtf those American politicians are on about in tackling this refugee situation. Not helpful in this climate really. Not helpful at all.

All I can do just pray that (missing) common sense prevails in next few days or weeks.

Ultimately, as Bono sang in one song, "Love conquers the great divide". Is that not too much to ask?!

Peace.

dougal

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

gutted - the Le Pen extreme right have won the first round in the French regional elections, fingers crossed it's just a protest vote and things will work out in the next round... :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom