do you name your guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sally, Lorraine and Gloria. My wife calls them my mistresses.

Gunther is a cool name for a beater, maybe not your most prized axe though.

My Gibson Epiphone is called Bela.

Each letter stands for the name of someone in some Irish band everyone seems to like on here.

guitar2.jpg

^^^ Jarvis :cool:

I think I gave my guitars names when I first got them, but soon forgot what they were. My guitar strap is named "Edge" though! I wrote it on there with some white out when I was thirteen, and it's still there!

I have a Gordon smith called "Greeny" but I haven't got names for my 4 Fenders (strat, tele, 2 acoustics), 2 yamahas (semi and acoustic), Rickenbacker 330, and Gibson Explorer - showing off I know but as I play in a U2 tribute band it's hard to keep up with The Edge!!

beau2ifulday said:

That's so hardcore!

:p

I contemplated for a while whether or not I should show exactly HOW dorky I am, but when moving some of my guitar gear into my new bedroom today, I just couldn't resist. :wink:

strap1.jpg

Five years of wear and tear, and it's still there.

Total U2 Nut said:
I have a red Fender Strat, I though of naming it but couldn't come up with anything good..... any ideas?

Desire. :drool: A red guitar on fire... Or Lucile. Lucile is a good name.

Total U2 Nut said:
I have a red Fender Strat, I though of naming it but couldn't come up with anything good..... any ideas?

Hank.

Name it anything else and I WILL make it my business to come round to your house and castrate/spay you, depending on your personal preference...

My guitar's name is Mercutio. :lol: I have a habit of giving my instruments slightly long names. My piano is named Benvolio, and I'm still deciding on what to name my new saxophone. It's down to either Amenhotep, Rameses, Anubis, Osiris, or Anok Fero. Yeah, I'm going with an Egyptian theme this time. XD

Heh. I have a cheap version of a stratocaster (made by Fender, though. It's called like STARcaster) that I named the Edge. Because of his REAL black one. Even though mine is red. But that could also fit the whole U2 theme too, so.

I have an electric I call kelly after a girl i thought was cute when i was in the sixth grade

I have an acoustic i call shelly after another girl i thought was cute in the twelth grade

I have a electric i don't like called smelly.

Kelly, Shelly and Smelly...

gareth brown said:

Hank.

Name it anything else and I WILL make it my business to come round to your house and castrate/spay you, depending on your personal preference...

yikes i was a bit over the top there

ive got a strat copy named Dallas, 'cos i change it's chords very often
and a epi Les Paul named Salomé, just happen to like that name for a LP
and an acoustic named tom morello, 'cos its all taped up and sratched and modified :)

Back
Top Bottom