Crumbs Intro: Final Chord?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it might be something like this

E-0
B-7
G-0
D-5
A-X
E-X

there is defintely an F#sharp in there and sort of a droned G

the tabs I've seen didn't have it right either, hell the way I play it probably isn't 100% correct, but I think it sounds decent.

gragravar said:
It's a kind of Em with added 9th...

Yeah, I think it is. That's similar to the one I posted which was basically G-E with an F#, which would be a variation on Em, plus the 9th.

That 9th is the F#, which is defintely in the chord.

so you could easily play it
E-2
B-0
G-0
D-2
A-2
E-0

and it probably sounds good

I like the way I play it, with the F# and E back to back on the last two strings. Just seems to give it a nice effect. Plus, I don't think those lower notes are in it, speaking of the a typical Em 0-2-2, but I could be wrong. It sounds like the last 3 or possibly 4 strings, which is what the whole intro is anyway, right?

I don't know, just trying to figure it out as well.

Last edited:
I spent ages trying to figure this chord out.
Unfortunately I dont have my guitar at hand but Im sure it is this

e-muted
a-5 d
d-4 f#
g-0 g
b-7 f#
e-0 e

Em9

I only managed to figure it out after watching the studio performance on the atomic bomb DVD.

i freeze framed when Edge played the chord and worked it out from there.

I love the intro to that song and the song in general.
It was the first song on bomb that made me go back and have an immediate second listen.

the next stage (the curse of playing guitar) is thinking thats nice how does he play that? and spending numerous hours working it out playing it and thinking its near but not quite right etc etc.

You know what I mean.

:wink:

Thanks guys.

I've got a good backing track, and I've been able to get every guitar bit in the song, except that 1 chord.

Will try it out tonite.

Back
Top Bottom