Where would you place 'Invisible' if it were to be included on Songs of Innocence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Call me crazy but I think a longer version could make Invisible the best U2 song since Miss Sarajevo. Wouldn't have thought that on first listen, but it just keeps getting better and better. Hope the band doesn't forget about this stellar track.

Yeah, I think Invisible is a great song which unfortunately everyone on here played to death. But when they start playing it live, it's going to own.

when they start playing it live, it's going to own.

This.

I posted this in another thread but it seems to fit here so here goes...

the thing I think is that 'Invisible' is a cool song and it's a fine standalone single (as things worked out). And that's cool w me, cos they have a long history of cool non-album singles; from 'A Celebration' to 'HMTMKMKM' to 'Electronical Sturm'. All awesome tunes. Among others. 'invisible could stand proud w those tunes. No problem.

And SoI is pretty tight. It's really sequenced pretty nicely.

But I just listened to the album starting w 'Invisible' on accident. And it totally changed the feeling of Miracle. Suddenly Miracle felt heavier. It reminded me of how 'We Are The Pigs' hits on DogManStar by Suede.

And that's a real good thing. Woo hoo. Everything after that sounded better, too. Maybe it's the booze or whatever I've been smoking, but the pace of the whole thing felt more deliberate and natural. I wouldn't have thought this listening to Invisible in a vacuum, but it really works as an opener.

Plus, if they can have a song about visiting CA for the first time fit in w the 'concept', why wouldn't one about whatever Invisible is about fit in?

This.

I posted this in another thread but it seems to fit here so here goes...

the thing I think is that 'Invisible' is a cool song and it's a fine standalone single (as things worked out). And that's cool w me, cos they have a long history of cool non-album singles; from 'A Celebration' to 'HMTMKMKM' to 'Electronical Sturm'. All awesome tunes. Among others. 'invisible could stand proud w those tunes. No problem.

And SoI is pretty tight. It's really sequenced pretty nicely.

But I just listened to the album starting w 'Invisible' on accident. And it totally changed the feeling of Miracle. Suddenly Miracle felt heavier. It reminded me of how 'We Are The Pigs' hits on DogManStar by Suede.

And that's a real good thing. Woo hoo. Everything after that sounded better, too. Maybe it's the booze or whatever I've been smoking, but the pace of the whole thing felt more deliberate and natural. I wouldn't have thought this listening to Invisible in a vacuum, but it really works as an opener.

Plus, if they can have a song about visiting CA for the first time fit in w the 'concept', why wouldn't one about whatever Invisible is about fit in?

I've had it slotted in as track #1 for a while now. It improves the album.

I took out California on my tracklist and added Invisible at # 2. Like the album much better. Just don't care for California, and for me Invisible is in the top 3 or 4 songs of the bunch.

Yea I did the same. California just sucks like straight up. I also added Ordinary Love after This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now.

Track 2, no question.

:up:

I have made my own SOI playlist. I've placed "Invisible" as the second track and it flows so well.

First, there's a bit of chronological sense. Hype/Feedback are inspired by Ramones and similar artists of the time.

Second, Paul Hewson transitions officially to Bono Vox and U2 are formed.

Those two songs seem to just flow together in spirit and theme.

Musically, "Invisible" also eases the transition between "The Miracle" and EBW.

I've enjoyed it there so much it might be odd not hearing "Invisible" as the second track in the future.

P.S. I put "Ordinary Love" at the end. I love both "The Troubles" and "Ordinary Love". Either could serve as a great closer - but I felt "The Troubles" was almost too good for that role.

It should be the last track

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I like it at #2...

Song 1: Realizing that you want to be in a band.
Song 2: Striking out to make it happen.
Song 3: Realizing that this life will be challenging, and you'll have to leave things behind (Are we so helpless against the tide? Are we ready to be swept off our feet?)

Back
Top Bottom