The hype machine is rolling. The rockets are thrusting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Absolutely love how the band/label/Apple finally broke the mold on how U2 albums have been hyped/marketed/leaked. It may have taken 15 years, but better late than never... they still beat everyone else to the punch.

U2 is a marketing machine, and this IS pure marketing genius. I'm sure this is just the tip of the 'berg. This ships got rockets strapped on.

How does it make you feel to be 'given' such a great free 'gift'?

Elvis :wave:

P.S. for more clarity on where I'm coming from on this, in my current life I live and breathe marketing and advertising.

Over-saturation of folks' iTunes accounts will necessitate many dumping the new album right into the trash. Some will be curious. The hardcores will always accept new U2. Basically, U2 is still U2. Nothing's really changed. How many new ways can people listen to music? Or read lyrics? Or watch a video?

This is the best test. Send it to everyone for free and see which albums get sold in the long run. Then the next test is the tour ticket sales and how often the new songs show up in the setlist. Either way I got what I wanted, which is a new sound for U2 for their later period.

It will be interesting to see how many people, out of the 500 million customers, actually download the album. But, for free? Who wouldn't give a track or two a quick listen, even if with the intention of "seeing how much it sucks?"

I'm blown away. Seriously blown away. A free album is one thing. BUT then to be teased about a follow up album within 2 hours is absolutely fucking nuts. What a great day for U2 fans. This is beyond comprehension.

Hi, Elvis! I hope all is well with you. Thank you for starting the blue crack. This new album is something else, eh?

I'm blown away. Seriously blown away. A free album is one thing. BUT then to be teased about a follow up album within 2 hours is absolutely fucking nuts. What a great day for U2 fans. This is beyond comprehension.
No kidding. I LOVE genius chess moves.

Hi, Elvis! I hope all is well with you. Thank you for starting the blue crack. This new album is something else, eh?

My pleasure. Nice to see so many faces around that have been here for a decade or more.

This album kicks ass. Finally got a chance tonight to listen to it fully, and its been on repeat since.

Good to have you back Elvis!

This album has done wonders for Blue Crack in the last day!

U2 is back with a great album
What a surprise yesterday!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom