Band at the Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishteen said:

And oh I decided to go down to Hanover later today, no harm in randomly going for a walk near where U2 are recording and possibly staying there for no reason at all. That's totally not stalking the band :shifty:

Good for you :)

IF you can ask them if a big production is in store for the next tour. :wink:

New Bono interview from the U23D premiere last night:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a89870/bono-vows-u2-album-will-be-radical.html

Bono vows U2 album will be "radical"
Thursday, February 21 2008, 12:04 GMT

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Bono has insisted that the new U2 album will be "radical and uncompromising".

The singer claimed he couldn't give any details away but argued that it wouldn't be worth the band's time producing a record that was anything less than "great".

Speaking at the European premiere of U23D, he said: "Who needs another U2 album unless it's a really great piece of rock 'n' roll? You young people better watch out!

"We have to do something really extraordinary to be able to get out of bed these days."

He added: "If I told you [about the album] I'd have to kill you. And if I did tell you they'd probably have to kill me too."

Producer Daniel Lanois revealed earlier this week that the Irish rockers had begun work on the follow-up to 2004's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

OK people, let's do this right this time around. There's no point to hanging out at Hannover Quay if you do not have a tape recorder or some other recording device to capture any snippets! Interference badly needs something to overanalyse. Come on, we've got threads about fridges that sound like So Cruel.

Furthermore, we don't need people who are going to get hopelessly starstruck, fall to their knees, and squeal "oh my GOD BONO I LOVE YOU". Ask the band worthwhile questions and remember their answers. I cannot emphasise that enough. Interference needs to know stuff. Again, threads about fridges sounding like So Cruel. Please save us.

Finally, everybody who meets the band needs to tell them to play One Tree Hill. You know you want to.

Omg i know its bono talk and he always tooks about future releases like this but i go weak at the knee's :drool:

I'm at Hanover Quay, stealing someone's wireless Internet :wink:

No idea if all the band is in there or not but Larry arrived about a half an hour ago, no sign of anyone else and no sound coming from inside

Irishteen said:

No idea if all the band is in there or not but Larry arrived about a half an hour ago, no sign of anyone else and no sound coming from inside

very cool! wish I was there with ya! :drool:

Good luck in meeting or seeing them today! :wink:

Axver said:
OK people, let's do this right this time around. There's no point to hanging out at Hannover Quay if you do not have a tape recorder or some other recording device to capture any snippets! Interference badly needs something to overanalyse. Come on, we've got threads about fridges that sound like So Cruel.

Furthermore, we don't need people who are going to get hopelessly starstruck, fall to their knees, and squeal "oh my GOD BONO I LOVE YOU". Ask the band worthwhile questions and remember their answers. I cannot emphasise that enough. Interference needs to know stuff. Again, threads about fridges sounding like So Cruel. Please save us.

Finally, everybody who meets the band needs to tell them to play One Tree Hill. You know you want to.
:up: :up: :up:

yes!!!!! we also need to know the kind of production....

but, seriously, they need to play this song more often!!!

Irishteen said:

fuck, i'm jealous...:mad:

did you actually see Larry? This is so cool...

can you be more specific as to where you are, what you're doing exactly, how the weather is, what everything looks like, if you can see the band or where they're actually recording (the room), just anything!!!! pleeeaseee

can you hear anything at all? like Larry hitting drums or something? or People coming out of fancy cars? How big is the building exactly? I've never been to Ireland, give me an idea! pleeease :drool:

k thanks

What a great time to be a U2 fan!!!

Axver said:

Hallelujah! Don't let us down guys... This place is becoming weird...

Irishteen said:
They've started playing guitar jams!

You better not be shitting us (I'm half worried you are just to spice this place up) - start recording NOW!! cell phone, tape recorder, whatever!!!!

And we need a full report what does it sound like?

Axver said:

Axver, whether I agree with you or not, your posts are always worth reading, and this is a particularly fine effort. Yes, the thread about the fridge was a particular nadir for this board!

Yes, the band does need to play One Tree Hill, and not just in Japan and Australasia. I wouldn't mind hearing it live at least once.

What constructive questions would I ask the band if I was to encounter (ahem stalk) them outside Hanover Quay?

- Is the album coming out in October or November of this year?
- Can you tell us some song titles?
- Has Mercy been re-recorded?
- Do you realise just how divisive Mercy is on internet message boards? Some people love it, others hate it with a passion!
- Will you be touring next year?
- (If yes, then) Will it be a proper world tour like Vertigo, or something more stripped down?
- Are you aware of the huge amount of debate generated by the fact that you've never performed Acrobat live? (And are never going to, right?)
- Can you describe the sound of the new album without using the phrases 'Edge is on fire' or 'punk rock from Venus' (etc)?
- Any chance of Hawkmoon 269 returning to the setlist, especially as a show opener?

Well, I like to think that I'd ask something like that, but I'd probably just get starstruck and ask for their autographs instead.

I'd ask

- When is the new album coming out?
- What continents might the next tour reach, and can you consider touring non-South Africa Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What is your favorite lyric of all the new stuff?
- Can you give me a sample CD? :wink:

I figure specific questions about live songs aren't gonna stay in their heads at this point when they're focused on recording, but I'd ask about RHMT and Acrobat too.

I'm back from Hanover Quay, it was all just guitar they never played anything full band, which means they might be nowhere near finished the new album.

I have recordings though, depending on th e quality I might post them

^ cool! please post :)

but just cause you only heard guitar doesn't necessarily mean album isn't close to finishing...so I wouldn't worry too much about that :)

Irishteen said:
I'm back from Hanover Quay, it was all just guitar they never played anything full band, which means they might be nowhere near finished the new album.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I don't care how bad the quality is, post please, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty please!!

We can finally hear what the Edge playing radical electro molten metal while on fire sounds like.

What did you think of what you heard?

And just in case you want to email them

yourwildhorses @ gmail.com

:drool:

coolian2 said:
I'll bet its the same boring setlist as ever

This is not the time for witty self-mockery. This is the time for q-tips, checking download bandwith/speed, and fidgeting in anticipation.

Guitar only means that there may have already been drums and bass recorded for the song and Edge was recording while listening to the drums & bass on headphones. That's usual in a studio.

Irishteen said:

i want to echo everything Varitek said... except

exwhyzee @ gmail . com

:D

Irishteen said:

Excellent work, John :up:
Now aren't you gad you went now :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom