Band at the Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanois said in an interview posted in another thread eariler today that he was heading back to Dublin so I hope they'll stay a for little while if they're actually there since I'm going to Dublin in less than three weeks. :hyper:

light said:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-lanois29mar29,1,4929319.story

"Lanois is now off to Ireland to finish production on the new U2 album, which he promises is going to be something special. ("We're quite excited about it. Bono's singing like a bird.")

Like a bird huh?:huh:
Nelly%20Furtado%20-%20Whoa,%20Nelly!.jpg

yeah they are, i'm very happy, it seems Bono and the band are really focused and excited about the album...just when I thought there would be a big interruption to the album process they arrive at HQ! :)

Rob33 said:
yeah they are, i'm very happy, it seems Bono and the band are really focused and excited about the album...just when I thought there would be a big interruption to the album process they arrive at HQ! :)
Oh yes!!
Just in time! Please stay there a little longer...please?:pray:

The_Edge89 said:

Yes, that's correct. I'm going in a little more than a week with school, can't wait! :hyper:
I'm just happy that they're doing some work again, really.

awesome! I'm so jealous haha... I hope they stay long enough :hyper:

we need some more sound bites or something :scratch:

Rob33 said:

:rockon: I got scared there for a second.

The_Edge89 said:

I don't think I can be of assistance unfortunatley. I don't have any proper recording gear to take with me, sorry Rob.

oh haha, no prob :)i'm sure we'll start hearing something soon enough!

I'm really curious as to the album name though haha, I'm still wondering when that will be revealed...

The_Edge89 said:

I don't think I can be of assistance unfortunatley. I don't have any proper recording gear to take with me, sorry Rob.

No "proper" recording equipment needed, my friend! Recall that the very first beachclip (if not all of them) last year was from a digital camera. :sexywink:

Utoo said:

No "proper" recording equipment needed, my friend! Recall that the very first beachclip (if not all of them) last year was from a digital camera. :sexywink:

Well I have two options then: Using a digital camera or my cellphone which couldn't even record a chord progression in a quiet room.
(Luckily, I wrote down the chords in the name of the file so I just needed to hear the rhythm of it :D)

I don't know about going down there just for recording though. It feels kind of rude not to mention that they have been working on these songs for a long time and I feel it would be unfair to unveil them already. We won't know how far they've gotten and is there really a point in getting peoples hopes up for crap quality snippets/clips and unfinished material?
I'm going with school like I said so I don't expect to hang around Hanover Quay an entire day waiting to meet with the band since we will have other things to do and I've heard that dockland Dublin isn't the best area to be in later in a day, anyway. I will try to pay a visit if I get the time of course!

If Interference is in desperate need of new recordings surely there must be Dubliners around here who can get the job done? Have everyone heard about the song with the fan working title “Get Up, Get up, Get Up” yet? :sexywink:

is it true that they finished the recording sessions?
next step would be the mixing of the 148 :sexywink: songs

WildHoney said:

I was there when they played that :drool:

Yeah I read about your meeting with the lads so that's where I got the title from. I'm sorry if this new title robbed you of the original fan title you made up, Wild. ;)

Do you remeber anything what it sounded like? Guitar riffs, drumming, melodies etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom