As per Lanois, U2 recording next week, going electro!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Varitek said:
I am so confused by the various adjectives and phrases that we have heard to describe this album.

You'll be even more confused when it just turns out to be a re-recorded Pop and even WUDM is a radio-friendly pop-rock single.

Dorian Gray said:
^those were writing sessions.. this is the first time recording has been mentioned

U2 always write and record at the same time. I think they've done this since the inception of the band. They are not seperate sessions for U2, this is likely why they didn't work with Rick Rubin.

Inner El Guapo said:

U2 always write and record at the same time. I think they've done this since the inception of the band. They are not seperate sessions for U2, this is likely why they didn't work with Rick Rubin.

Well, yes, technically they probably record every little noodling thing they do. Like the Berlin Tapes from Achtung Baby. But there's a difference between writing/fucking around and actually getting down to the meat and potatoes of the recording process. This is probably the session that will end up on the album.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
that's all fine and dandy but u2 tends to, oh i don't know, decide midstream to go in another direction and take another year to get it done.

Which has happened a grand total of 1 time. :happy:

the tourist said:

Didn't it happen with both Bomb and Pop?

It happened with Pop too? :huh: I'll have to dig through U2 By U2 again, because I don't remember them shelving a previous version of the album or anything like that. Could be wrong though.

U2place.com reports Edge, Bono, McGuiness, Sam O'Sullivan, Dallas Schoo and Daniel Lanois were spotted at Hanover Quay.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Seriously, I was asked to remove a very famous and inspirational photo of Johnny Cash from my avatar because it was offensive to ONE person.

Mine had a middle finger to no one in paticular, but this is a direct attack on someone.

Come on...

You're joking? someone actually complained about Johnny Cash giving the finger to a cameraman? Rock n roll..... I loved that avatar!

skott100 said:
(regarding the positive feedback about the avatar)

Yeah well, things were a bit slow at work yesterday and spare time can be a dangerous thing.

As I've said before, I admire his passion and he certainly keeps things interesting on the boards. That said, I completely disagree with him about 97% of the time, so I just had some fun with it.

Coffee spray! Awesome.

I 100% :heart: your avi!! Keep it, it's a winner!!!FTW :D

LemonMelon said:

:drool: This reminds me of the 1991 Dublin sessions. Let's hope they don't turn back this time.

:hmm:...I'm uncomfortable with Lanois' 'masterpiece' talk...those are setting the bar high...and aiming for failure in some form or another...:sigh:

I mean, I'm hoping for a masterpiece, but let's let it build a little Danny...:yes:

That said if anyone pushes U2 to the fullest of its ability it's Lanois and Eno...so...:drool:

Eno and Lanois Good: UF, JT
Eno and Lanois Not Good: AB, ATYCLB

Cross your fingers.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
What do you not like about the production on AB...:hmm:

Zoo Station, EBTTRT, UTEOTW, WGRYWH, The Fly, TTTYAATW, and LIB all suffered from atrocious production that caused the guitar to be minimized (Zoo Station, EBTTRT, TTTYAATW) or blurred (UTEOTW, WGRYWH, The Fly, LIB).

I listen to the live versions, and it's not just additions: it's a much clearer production, clean from the murkiness. In an attempt to create atmosphere, they just clouded the songs. I think it would be their second best album if not for the poor production.

Dorian Gray said:

true. but this wasn't the fault of Eno, Lanois, or U2... I mean, that was the sound they wanted. trashy...

Well I guess they got what they wanted.... imo Achtung Baby and Zooropa could have severely benefited from being cleaned up a bit, re-eq'd, and with more vocal delay instead of vocal reverb.

I like muddy. I like murky. And I like ATYCLB's productionfor most part, in fact, that's what I like most about it...

Back
Top Bottom