Bono on Google Street View in NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeFest

Refugee
This is RIDICULOUSLY cool.

106 central park west - Google Maps

My husband, while looking up the Dakota building (getting very excited about finally seeing the Lennon parts of NYC when we go for U2 in July) came across this mysterious man in black.

I swear to GOD it's Bono. Check the shoes out. And does he not have an apartment right there?

Wow, what a find if it is!!!
:up:

Try double clicking right at the feet of the lady in green hailing the cab, and then swing the camera back toward him....

Yes, it could be. Hard to tell a bit blurry. The hair seems a little longer. It would be really cool if it was Bono though.
Can NS find one with Larry, please?

:hmm: Ok I did a super zoom on this baby...I'm not sure. It does look like him, but when I zoomed in, it looked like this person might have longer hair, unless that's just something behind him. Also, something about the way he is holding his arms and back just don't seem very Bono-ish to me...but it could be. My eyes are not the most reliable :lol:

Would be freaking cool if it was!

The side of the head / sideburns area makes me want to say no. Doesn't look right.

Does look a bit like Gavin's former hair, though.

Maybe it is a Bono / Gavin doppleganger. :giggle:

The photo's aren't always recent. It looks damn lot like him but I doubt it.
Great eye for detail tough.
I would believe it to. (Still do it) pretty cool

I'm saying no to that being him..Hair too long, guy looks way to young and the dead-giveaway...No platforms on those shoes :happy:

That wud be hilarious if it where the case!
I'm sure he walks around NY by himself, ppl here just don't give a damn

Mobbed? I don't thinked he'd get mobbed...

I know I wouldn't bother him if he was just walking down the street.

But that's just me a guess.

That's a really good find, but I too don't believe it's him. This guy doesn't look stocky enough to be Bono and the shoes aren't quite right. It's kind of funny that a tour bus is going by...if it is him.

Well, you have to remember one thing, the picture of TCU, for example, is from about 5 years ago. 5 years ago, Bono did not have short hair. He had painfully long mullet-y hair. That being said, it's hard to believe, though it DOES look like him.

Well, if true, it proves the running theory present in my cartoons that Bono never stops wearing impractical black clothing.

Im not sure, like someone else said, its defiantly not bono's walk or stance. But then again, we didnt know when the photo was actually taken. This new feature of google earth got added last year, so i doubt the photos were taken 5 years ago. I really dunno tho, it might be some bono wannabe who happens to be caught on camera, we will never know.

I don't think it's him. I'm sure he can and has walked around NYC without being "mobbed", but I don't think that's him.

Rly? I have to disagree

He's Bono. Everyone knows who he is. You don't have to be a U2 fan to go crazy for him. He's a famous face. There are a ton of scalpers and tourists here. From seeing shit happen I'd have to say people would jump him.

Back
Top Bottom