u2.com - wrong lyrics?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
A few weeks ago I was looking through the lyrics page on u2.com and I was looking at the 'stories for boys' lyrics.
Apparently it goes like so..

Sometimes when a hero takes me
Sometimes I don't let go
Oh, oh, oh.

I'm almost certain its not 'oh,oh,oh' but 'hello,hello.' I have listened to it thousands of times and I'm sure I'm right and they are wrong. Even all my live versions of the song have Bono quite clearly saying 'hello,hello.' Anyway I emailed u2.com to tell them and got a barrage of confusing emails basically telling me I'm wrong.

Am I?!

A lot of the lyrics at U2.com are wrong. Hell, U2.com on the whole is just wrong.

those bastards feeding us false information..KNEW i was right!

He also usually sings "Sometimes a hero takes me," not "Sometimes when a hero takes me."

Yeah, so much of what's on u2.com is wrong! They've even gotten song titles wrong-----including "Running To Stand Still," which lately has been listed as "Running To Standstill." :tsk:

I never knew U2 had songs called "Still Haven't Found" or "Pride in the name of love" until I checked U2.com. Am I missing an album? :huh:

Utoo said:
Yeah, so much of what's on u2.com is wrong! They've even gotten song titles wrong-----including "Running To Stand Still," which lately has been listed as "Running To Standstill." :tsk:
Another day at U2 HQ, IT room...

Website Geek 1: boring, sitting here, eh?
Website Geek 2: *looking up from his Sudoku* eh, yeah
WG1: hey I have a great idea! let's look song titles up in the new Very Thick And Containing A Lot Of Words You've Never Heard Of Before - dictionary!
WG2: woop-dee-doo :| (he's not such a geek after all)
WG1: :ohmy: look what I found
WG2: *looks at dictionary* oh, dear, 'standstill' is one word.
WG1: we should change it!
WG2: ehm, shouldn't we first discuss this with 'little Paulie' McGuiness and 'tiny Bono' Corleone?
WG1: no, they will never hear of this, capice?
(when did this turn into a bad mafia sketch? :shrug: )

And that's how it came.

partygirlvox said:

Anyway I emailed u2.com to tell them and got a barrage of confusing emails basically telling me I'm wrong.

care to post the emails you got?

partygirlvox said:
those bastards feeding us false information..KNEW i was right!

No, U2.com are 100% right., It's U2 that have been getting it wrong all these years. Bunch of dimwits..

I dont have the emails anymore i deleted them in disgust..okay they probably werent as bad as they sound. but like
'We have very trustworthy sources and can confirm we are infact correct. Sorry but thanks for emailing us..'
sort of thing.

partygirlvox said:
I dont have the emails anymore i deleted them in disgust..okay they probably werent as bad as they sound. but like
'We have very trustworthy sources and can confirm we are infact correct. Sorry but thanks for emailing us..'
sort of thing.

:hmm: maybe they will be getting an email from me this week.

pattip2000 said:

:hmm: maybe they will be getting an email from me this week.

:up:

I emailed them about three times. But they just stopped replying, and i didnt want to get my memebership cancelled or anything (even though i never bother with u2.com. what a waste!)

Back
Top Bottom