*ultra deluxe bono shades thread* - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #821
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:31 PM
but what will you sell them for?-what you paid or you wanna make a profit?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #822
Acrobat

just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for, then decided not to sell, now you are putting them on ebay.....maybe im nuts, but this offends me. i dont think any of the other regulars on here would try to make a profit or not give any of us first chance@emif you need the $. i hope you get tons....there will be more miklis

Old 04-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #823
War Child

Local Time: 08:31 PM
I hope there will be more, I need the orange ones
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #824
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:31 PM
It seems a bit odd to me aswell Badg..

and Kevin, which 519s do you sell? I thought you already sold the ones you ahd... what colour and what price?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #825
War Child

Kevin - which colour 9294 and what price?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #826
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
It seems a bit odd to me aswell Badg..

and Kevin, which 519s do you sell? I thought you already sold the ones you ahd... what colour and what price?
flash grey... i have one left. 10 euroes... i want to get rid off... remember these have some small cracks.
naycooke: i have them in pink.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #827
The Fly

i sell my 9294 with cleaning cloth and case... 50 euro
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #828
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by thebadger
just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for, then decided not to sell, now you are putting them on ebay.....maybe im nuts, but this offends me. i dont think any of the other regulars on here would try to make a profit or not give any of us first chance@emif you need the $. i hope you get tons....there will be more miklis
Listen Badge, you have to get your facts straight.

"just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for"

1. I never, ever, offered them for ANY price. I clearly said for people to email any serious offers. And really did I ask for $600? 'Cause that would be double what I paid

2. Simply decided that I don't need a second pair.

Seriously they are starting at 99 cents. Don't want them? Please don't bid then and don't worry about it.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #829
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by danondorf

Listen Badge, you have to get your facts straight.

"just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for"

1. I never, ever, offered them for ANY price. I clearly said for people to email any serious offers. And really did I ask for $600? 'Cause that would be double what I paid

2. Simply decided that I don't need a second pair.

Seriously they are starting at 99 cents. Don't want them? Please don't bid then and don't worry about it.

Have a nice day.
Sorry. Maybe I missed it. When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #?

If you paid $300, I think what Badger was saying is, basically, you've used this site to get attention to your item, when most of us here would give us first crack at them. But it's a moot point anyway, it's already over $450 which is absurd, and will probably go a lot higher, but whatever. Free enterprise and all. Should pay some bills, right?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #830
Acrobat

Re: Mikli fans

Quote:
Originally posted by danondorf
Tortise and brown really aren't my thing (don't get me wrong these are beautiful); so I want to give you fellow B shade freaks a fair shot before I eBay 'em.....

Please email me for details and email serious offers to zealyanez@yahoo.com

These are brand-new (new old stock) pair of Mikli 3214, brown lens with gold frame and tortise arms. I'm going to keep the black ones, but these I just might be convinced to let go of.

BTW, I would really prefer a US buyer; keep in mind international buyers will pay the actual shipping cost.
SoundMercury

03-23-2008 06:14 PM

Page 48
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #831
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by soundmercury

Sorry. Maybe I missed it. When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #?

Free enterprise and all. Should pay some bills, right?
" When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #? "

Please see above post

Thanks.

Yes, I'm happy.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #832
War Child

can you post a pic of your 9294?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #833
The Fly

Local Time: 04:31 PM
hi kevin
519 for 10 euroes?
you have some pics?
thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #834
Acrobat

listen, all im saying is you got em, didnt like em, said give me an offer...i offered what you paid+postage, maybe a little more for your time, you were getting higher offers and thats cool-its a free world. if you need the money, do it. but personally, and you can tell me to pound sand up my ass, if i got a pr of glasses , didnt like em, then offered them up on here, i wouldnt profit off of a fellow collector/fan on this site-thats just me, whatever. these things are sometimes tough to come by, helping out fellow fans who would really appreciate and be grateful for that gesture is what im about and so are others on here, thats all i was saying-i hope you get tons of money and it helps you out. no big deal man, im allowed to voice my opinion, you dont have to agree.
this thing just reminded me of scalpers taking advantage of fans-and im sure you dont like that
Old 04-18-2008, 02:08 AM   #835
Acrobat

Location: Where you live should not decide, Whether you live or whether you die
Local Time: 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinwall

still interested to buy them? i sell lots of sunglasses. 549, 9285, 9294... you could email me. kevin__nilsen@hotmail.com. unlucky my clear 519 and 611 have some small cracks so i decide to keep them... i sell my 519 if someone are interested in them. you get them very cheap.
just sent you an email! excited!!! really want/need them!!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #836
Galeonbroad

Kevin can you show me a pic of those 519s?
just upload them on www.imageshack.us and post the bottom link in this thread
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #837
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Re; Danodorf's mikli

I don't have any inside knowledge of the email xchange btwn badger and danodorf so there might be more to this than meets the eye

I would say that it seems to me that he hasn't done this before, so it's not a pattern.

Did someone here offer him his fair asking price in an email, and did he turn them down knowing he could get more money on eBay? That would be unethical imo if he did in fact get them from someone here in the first place. If he didn't get them here, I see nothing wrong per se with eBaying them. HOWEVER - as someone who has ostensibly gained from the knowledge and tips of people like us in this thread, he *might* have considered just making a fair asking price public on this thread first and then just selling them, before eBaying them. To me it seems he posted that request for fair offers, and then from subsequent responses realized that to sell them in that manner would likely short him on some profit that could be made on eBay. I find it hard to believe that out of all us crazy BOno glasses freaks there wasn't one offer that would have satisfied the 'serious' (and fair) offer criteria. I personally did not because I've tried them on and don't like how they look on me. But each person to their own. I would say don't expect people here to be very helpful going forward if we think this is going to be a pattern..

I will say though that I disagree with eBay listings which show pictures that, without overtly stating it, seem to indicate that the exact glasses being sold are the exact glasses Bono is wearing in the picture, because they aren't. Danodorf your ad doesn't clearly state that they are LIKE the ones in the photos, so an unsuspecting bidder might conclude that they are the same. Imo you should edit your listing.

My 2 cents for what they're worth.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #838
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 03:31 PM
ps Kevin, please pm me your email addy

thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #839
Refugee

Miklis are on 450 bucks and it wasn't me :-/ I think it would be easier to ask Bono for a fokin pair of Miklis next week...
Old 04-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #840
Acrobat

So it's been sold. The high bidder really wanted them, and he made an offer for me to end early so nobody else would get them. It floored me

Closed Thread

Tags
bono, bono shades, shades, sunglasses