*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are Romeo Gigli 191.
I suppose the other ones you ended up liking G are the 226 ? I love those too, have a green pair. I believe MrLeMon has a blue pair too :)

THose look hot on you GG! I emailed Kevin too but I guess you beat me to it! ;)

Nice braids btw :up:

aw I didn't know you also were hunting for them! :sexywink: you can try them on if you come over eh!

:D thanks! my next hunt will be blue ones, either these or the armani's Bono has!

New color???

w_foto.html

Pic taken in Yokohoma
(Seems like the pic cannot be displayed, down here websites

http://fotos.eluniversal.com.mx/fot...p_alto=345&p_fotografo=EFE&p_fecha=2008-05-29

http://www.citizen.co.za/index/Article.aspx?pDesc=1,1,22&Type=people&File=080529104833.yxpxbzp7.xml

In the japan thread over in PLEBA you can see loads of new pics! (also in my avatar)
Damnit, I really love the colour he's wearing now! some light shade of purple.. :scream: give us the Bonocolours!

Well, there goes the second time I lost a pair of Discotheque Diesels on ebay. That is one of my most desired pairs of bono glasses and I would even take imitation (which I think that pair was). Does anybody have any and wish to part with them? I can never find anything even remotely like them until a pair shows up on ebay and I lose the bidding in the last ten seconds. Sorry, I'm just very frustrated right now about it and I shouldn't get so bent out of shape over sunglasses.:scream:

Well, there goes the second time I lost a pair of Discotheque Diesels on ebay. That is one of my most desired pairs of bono glasses and I would even take imitation (which I think that pair was). Does anybody have any and wish to part with them? I can never find anything even remotely like them until a pair shows up on ebay and I lose the bidding in the last ten seconds. Sorry, I'm just very frustrated right now about it and I shouldn't get so bent out of shape over sunglasses.:scream:

I feel your pain. I lost too -- but then, they weren't real Diesels and to pay over $100 for fakes is pretty absurd.

Anyway, Diesel no longer makes those and I haven't seen the real McCoys show up even on ebay for ages. Diesel does make a semi-similar pair called Jambo which come in the same yellow lenses and which are still around but it all depends on how close to the mark you want. Hope that helps.

dunno. was bidding on it too. To tell the truth, I am getting fokin sick of all these mikli business going here for a while...

If someone would have specifically asked me; I'd have answered.....Sold for $561.00

Reserve really didn't matter, just wanted to do a quick sell because of the flakes from the previous auction (some guy from Spain who bid $722 and MatteWood both flaked out....Lame).

Like I said, I have no use for the ebay speculators who have invaded this thread. :down:
agreed gvox:down:

anybody know how much danodorfs miklis sold for?-just curious

:laugh::rolleyes:

Furthermore:

And I did? I wasn't even aware Bono wore Mikli 3214 until I had seen and asked around here, and I just happened to get lucky and snag 2 on eBay. I'm not too crazy about the way they fit especially since I have 519 and 9285's and no. 5's; so I decided to let them go. What's so controversial about asking in "All I Want Is U2" (sell/trade thread mind you) about whether anyone is interested in making an offer for the shades?

And really if you're aren't interested in buying them, then why bitch about it? That goes to Badger too. Don't worry about it.

If you want to sell your sunglasses you are welcome to make a new thread here to do so. As a prospective buyer, you can either respond if you want to purchase someone's item, or you can ignore it. Seems pretty simple to me.

Except to Badge and Gvox.

Really what's done is done already. Kev made near $2000 and I got about $1400 for both together that were determined by buyers who drove up the price; :shh: supply and demand is a simple concept.

Happy camper here with Black Flys 5 and 9285's. Mikli's? Tried 'em, didn't like 'em, and hey what do you know I got my $ back and then some.

:lmao: Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

In plainer terms, stuff a sock in it danodorf. Go peddle your glasses elsewhere, like, say, in another thread listing your item as per Sicy's direction. We are free to discuss whatever we want in this thread, including the practices of people who sell "Bono shades". We give praise and props to the reputable sellers where due, and we mercilessly trash those who we don't feel operate nicely. It's been that way since WE created this thread.

I don't think we should retort to name calling.
It's true that hes free to come here and sell his stuff, but that's not originally what this thread is for. It's not only for selling the shades, it's for selling and/or trading the shades between fans and people on this forum, and I doubt the original creators wanted to attract people who only care about selling stuff.
Perhaps it is a better idea to get a separate thread if people are only interested in selling their wares..

Actually my participation in this thread from the outset has been to discuss and share knowledge of what models Bono wears, and places - notably, reputable places - to find them at good prices. I never thought of this as a buy/sell/trade thread at all, to be honest, and I doubt the thread creator did either. It seems by simple virtue of posting habits that some people have joined Interference pretty much solely for the purpose of sourcing and then re-selling 'Bono shades' for a profit, and I take exception to it. Just my 2 cents.

okay, it seems things are a little out of hand again. i'll quote sicy's previous post:

Ok why don't we just chill out a little bit here.

This forum is for buying / trading U2 collectibles, and items for personal sale. Technically this thread really shouldn't even be here as it seems it is mostly just discussing Bono's shades.

If you want to sell your sunglasses you are welcome to make a new thread here to do so. As a prospective buyer, you can either respond if you want to purchase someone's item, or you can ignore it. Seems pretty simple to me.
this is only for the DISCUSSION of his sunglasses. if you want to sell or buy shades he's worn, please make a separate thread in this forum.

having said that, there is no need to resort to name calling either, as that's not allowed. two wrongs don't make a right.

seeing as this is the second warning, if this doesn't stop, the thread will be closed and only threads for buying or selling of his sunglasses will be allowed, and the discussion will have to be taken elsewhere.

What name calling exactly is going on? I've only heard danodorf call people names ie flakes, lame, etc.

With all due respect to the mods, I would like to think we have a right to discuss if we feel others are profiting unscrupulously off of the information we share here. I'm not sure if the threat of closing this thread is due to such discussion, but for the record I feel it would be unfortunate if the thread were to be closed on those grounds. There has never been a problem in this thread until people started posting their eBay listings here. For the record, I feel that THEY should be told to stop, and if they do not, they should be dealt with appropriately. I appreciate that things need to be dealt with even-handedly, but closing our thread and forcing us to discuss it elsewhere isn't really the fair answer, Khan. (imo)

What name calling exactly is going on? I've only heard danodorf call people names ie flakes, lame, etc.

With all due respect to the mods, I would like to think we have a right to discuss if we feel others are profiting unscrupulously off of the information we share here. I'm not sure if the threat of closing this thread is due to such discussion, but for the record I feel it would be unfortunate if the thread were to be closed on those grounds. There has never been a problem in this thread until people started posting their eBay listings here. For the record, I feel that THEY should be told to stop, and if they do not, they should be dealt with appropriately. I appreciate that things need to be dealt with even-handedly, but closing our thread and forcing us to discuss it elsewhere isn't really the fair answer, Khan. (imo)

Completely agree with your last two posts. This thread and the previous two from which this one originated (which now dates back YEARS) was a forum where shadaholics could go to try and figure out the brands, model names, help folks find the shades, posting pics, give friendly congrats to those who scored some nice ones, etc. Proof is all there. It was never about using this forum to help sell your own stuff, let alone profiting from it.

I don't speak for anyone and I don't make the rules - just my opinion - but I certainly have followed this thread and the previous two from its beginning. Totally agree with Gabriel, there's never been a problem here (and it's always been friendly and informative) until certain folks used this forum to help drum up the highest bids. If anyone is to be reprimanded or if this thread is to be narrowed then its they who should be weeded out.

i do believe i said this is for the discussion of his sunglasses only, not buying or selling. so yes, i did address the issue.

if you have a problem with someone's posts, you need to report them. don't just take matters into your own hands and tell them to "stuff a sock in it" or anything like that. we can't just ban a user because you guys don't like them. putting items for sale in this forum is exactly what this forum is intended for. if you don't want this thread to be closed, then all we ask is for you to do your part too. as sicy said, this thread technically shouldn't even be here.

again, as i said, i AM trying to be even-handed here. i didn't even name names in my previous post :huh: if a poster is breaking rules, then please report it. but just because someone is doing something you don't like, then no we can't banish them from here because they're contributing to the thread and forums just like you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom