Your song saved my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that there's any real rhyme or reason behind Academy voting and nominating, but without an actual Oscar they probably think that their track record is bad. Next time might have to be just be an individual/ B&E effort.

Really hope they weren't banking on this being the one...

Seriously. There are people that write for stage and screen, and are extremely talented and gifted in that sphere, and there are people that write rock/pop songs that possibly fit on a soundtrack to a movie. U2 is firmly in the latter.

this entire conversation is ridiculous.

the song actually fits the movie very well. it works better as part of the movie than it does as a stand alone track.

this happened to be a very big year for big artists submitting songs for movies. maybe because of the pandemic, i don't know - but other artists who had songs up for consideration (and didn't make it) were Jay-Z, Eddie Vedder, Ariana Grande, Brian Wilson, Jennifer Hudson, Kid Cudi.

Y'all are nuts sometimes.

the movie has generally received good reviews. it's introduced U2 to a younger generation in a better way than any of the band's previous (pandering) attempts. the song didn't get nominated for an oscar. who gives a shit.

The first time I heard the song I didn't feel the need to hear it again, but since my 7yo is really into Sing I heard it again a couple of times and actually really enjoy it now.
It pleases me a lot that my children are now getting introduced to U2 .

Y'all need to realize that the song could still save their lives even if they still haven't found what they're looking for.

I wonder if U2 is asking themselves where did it all go wrong with the Oscar Nomination.

I did finally watch Sing 2. It was alright. I would have liked to have seen Clay Calloway a little more. Seemed like he was in the movie for 15 mins collectively. I barely regard Your Song Saved My Life as a U2 song. More of a Bono song.

my 5 year old sang Still Havent Found for like, 3 months after seeing that movie.. so, it worked for them on some level.

chris-hansen-have-a-seat-right-there.gif

Back
Top Bottom