Your Favorite Songs From The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With or Without You is possibly my favourite song ever. It's just perfect.

Other than that, Exit and Streets. and Bullet, though the live versions improved it a lot.

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. One Tree Hill
3. With or Without You
4. Running to Stand Still
5. Red Hill Mining Town
6. Exit
7. In God's Country
8. Mothers of the Disappeared
9. Bullet the Blue Sky
10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
11. Trip Through Your Wires

Don't dislike a song on the album. And the B-sides like Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes, and Race Against Time are great too.

With Or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky and Exit are my top 3 :drool:

The Joshua Tree is responsible for my U2 fandom. I was 14 when it came out and I loved the radio play songs, but I have to say my favorites now are In Gods Country, Red Hill Mining Town and Trip Through Your Wires.

:up:

Even though I had liked U2 before JT, JT solidified my U2 fandom. My current favorites are the same as Sicy's with Running to Stand Still also included.

Tough, tough, very tough. I can never make up my mind whether I prefer TJT or AB. It seems, to me atleast, that TJT has the stronger songs overall, but AB feels more cohesive... nevertheless, there is something about the songs within The Joshua Tree, like the band was able to distill these materials in their natural essence, like the group were a couple of miners in a goldrush and these songs were the outcome. Anyway, here's my (loose) ranking...

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. With or Without You
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. Running to Stand Still
5. One Tree Hill
6. Bullet the Blue Sky
7. In God's Country
8. Red Hill Mining Town
9. Mothers of the Disappeared
10. Exit
11. Trip Through Your Wires

Not a bad collection of songs, there...

Streets
WOWY
OTH

The rest of the songs, some I like, some I dislike, just don't stand out as much as these three for me. Especially Streets, the whole atmosphere, the organ, it blows my mind every single time!

The one song I don't like is ISHFWILF

Let me take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery from whatever ails you!

I just wanted to say that I LOVE "Trip Through Your Wires" and I wish they'd try more songs with this loose, ragged, funky feel. I can see why they might get bored with it after one tour because it's musically really simple, but in its time it was dy-no-mite.

Ranked in order of favourite:

Exit
One Tree Hill
Where the Streets Have no Name
Bullet the Blue Sky
In God's Country
Mothers of the Disappeared
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Trip Through Your Wires

Deep in the Heart
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Sweetest Thing
Race Against Time

Trip Through Your Wires is one of my favorite U2 songs.

Same here. Axver is just a grumpy son of a wallaby.

Trip Through Your Wires
Red Hill Mining Town
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill

All PERFECT. I actually like the second half of the album more than the first.

Okay, I tried . . . but its like asking me to choose between my children :crazy:
It is a beautiful album . . . songs that are getting the most airings lately (and I'm going to whisper so I don't upset the other songs too much). . . exit, running to stand still and in gods country

:)

"With or Without You" was the first song I ever heard by U2, so that's one of my ultimate favorites from the Joshua Tree era. I also love "In God's Country", "Streets", "Running to Stand Still," "Red Hill Mining Town"... basically every song but "Mothers of the Disappeared" and "Exit". I just never could get into those.

hi all....
My list of favorites One Tree Hill and In God's Country. These are rocking numbers......

Last edited by a moderator:
Album versions:
Running to Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared
ISHFWILF
WOWY
Streets

LIVE versions:
Streets
RTSS
One Tree Hill