Without their 90s foray into otherworldly music...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musikwala

War Child
...U2 wouldn't be regarded any different from a band like Bon Jovi. Washed out 80s band with a 'pretty boy' for a lead singer.

I don't think there is much difference quality-wise between How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and Slippery When Wet.

Discuss.

Since your wrong on all accounts there is very little here to discuss.

If you're going to accuse somebody on being wrong all the time, make sure you get the spelling right.

Just sayin'.

I've never actually heard Slippery When Whet, but I suspect I'd rather drill holes through my brain than listen to either HDTAAB, it, or what is likely to be the remainder of this thread.

That just might be the worst compliment ever for Moment of Surrender.

...U2 wouldn't be regarded any different from a band like Bon Jovi. Washed out 80s band with a 'pretty boy' for a lead singer.

I don't think there is much difference quality-wise between How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and Slippery When Wet.

Discuss.
This forum has been consistently disappointing for me over the years, wherein the weight of the mundane, mean-spirited, and herd-mentality posts have overwhelmed good sense, open-mindedness, and tolerance for diversity. Amid this drab and depressing cesspool of mediocrity, your post stands tall as the single worst one I have ever seen, on this -- or indeed any -- forum.

My tongue was placed firmly in cheek, The Panther.

This forum has been consistently disappointing for me over the years, wherein the weight of the mundane, mean-spirited, and herd-mentality posts have overwhelmed good sense, open-mindedness, and tolerance for diversity.

I agree with you 100%.

I just listened to Hutdab for the first time in years last week. Original of the Species stood out as the worst song (it is horrible) and I would still take it over pretty much every Bon Jovi song I have ever heard.

Just seen Bon Jovi mentioned and literally threw up a little bit and shit myself

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I, too, recently listened to HTDAAB. The groan-inducing "A Man and A Woman" still strikes me as stupid, but it is sincere/organic in its stupidity (for lack of a better term). The stupid songs on SOI, by comparison, are buffed to a high gloss.

Attn: Bono - "Stripped Down Stupidity" is not taken as an album title.. yet.

I still think Vertigo is one of U2's best songs and I'd put it in my top 15-20. Still listen to it regularly.

Bring on da hate!!!1

I had such high hopes for ABOY when I heard the leaked clip. Liked it for awhile. Then realized how dumb it was.

LAPOE is one of my least favorite songs in the U2 catalog.

AMAAW is grossly underrated. I remember when it came it out somebody on the board said it was the perfect song to be playing in The Banana Republic while shopping.

Discuss.

Paint chips are not dinner. What the hell happened to this forum? I remember when it was full of fans and positive vibes. Now it's either just negativity or people trying too hard to be clever, like they're hoping a career might spring from it. I'll never understand the troll mentality of getting off on getting a reaction..any reaction.

Yeah, this forum has really gone to the dogs! I remember back in the day around 2002 to 2006, it was a paradise of positive opinions and everyone would be so friendly with each other... sigh! :)

I was mostly kidding with my original post. Maybe the lack of smileys threw you guys off.

I actually like some Bon Jovi material myself, so comparing these 2 bands is not so shocking or vomit-inducing to me like it seems to be for several people on this forum.

Alright, good stuff... keep the replies coming. I'm off. I'm leaving forevaarr, guys! And sadly no matter what you guys say or how much you beg me to stay, I feel it is not going to happen.

Cheers,

M

So I take it Bon Jovi is the Nickelback of previous generations?

Actually back in the 80's they weren't. (Poison for the 80's, Creed for the 90's and Nickelback for the 2000's would seem apropos), but Bon Jovi morphed from one of the better known "hair metal" (or whatever term one chooses) bands of the 80's into a sad soccer mom band over the past quarter century.

Actually back in the 80's they weren't. (Poison for the 80's, Creed for the 90's and Nickelback for the 2000's would seem apropos), but Bon Jovi morphed from one of the better known "hair metal" (or whatever term one chooses) bands of the 80's into a sad soccer mom band over the past quarter century.

Bon Jovi actually produced some good songs in the 80's that still hold up today. Sure, on the poppy side but catchy, fun stuff. Pretty much everything else they've done is junk and I enjoy pointing that out to my better half quite frequently.

Creed and a Nickelback are the juice that collects at the bottom of a garbage bag lying in the parking lot behind a restaurant on a hot, humid day.

Back
Top Bottom