U2 announce Bank of America partnership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
How Bono and BoA made sweet music - FT.com

Absolutely fantastic news to see U2 in the Financial Times again, this time with the latest announcement that U2 PLC will be partnering with Bank of America.

I think most if not all of us can appreciate what a tremendous business opportunity this partnership can be for the Irish quartet, especially when considering the existing deals that Bono has in place with Monsanto. The sky is truly the limit, and the rest of us can hopefully look forward to further announcements with the likes of Halliburton, Wal-Mart and Bayer in the near future.

:)

not getting enough attention in the new album thread eh?

you're right. at my age, when you're not getting attention in real life OR online, one has to resort to desperate measures. ... like posting a new article on a message board to open debate.

how do you feel about this partnership elevated_u2_fan?

you're late to the party - we were bitching about this AGES ago :D

It's ok to have a separate thread about it. Too much nonsense to wade through in the new album thread.

:fries:

I don't have a problem with this partnership or other partnerships.

The "evil" of Monsanto is making genetic modifications that have yet to be fully tested for human consumption. That said, I am not as worried about this facet as I the latter, which is Monsanto forcing farms and African nations to use their product if they want assistance. Charity should not come with restrictions. Still, if it's that option or no food at all, is there really a choice?

As for BoA, I am very happy to see a bank donate something - anything - to charity. $2M or even $10M is nothing for BoA - probably their execs get this and more in bonuses. But if at least some of $$ is going to help people rather than line the pocket of someone who should be in jail for fraud, then good.

Bono is more than aware of the shortcomings of corporations. But these corporations can also provide some relief and some assistance. And for that, I am happy that he and the rest of U2 are doing this.

Zoomerang96?? That's like so early 2000s or something. So the older posters still visit! lol.

Not sure I follow... I joined in June 2000, as it says there. Do you mean surprised someone who has been around since day 1 still pops by? ... Im not sure, but there may even be someone here who was registered in may 2000. Ages ago!

Anyway, enough of that. Merry Christmas, everyone, as I was saying before.

He/she merely saw Zoomerang's join date and took a moment to reflect on the importance of listening to our elder posters and the wisdom they have to share.

He/she merely saw Zoomerang's join date and took a moment to reflect on the importance of listening to our elder posters and the wisdom they have to share.

And yet I'm still only 22 years old. It's like I'm growing younger disgracefully.

Wow, I bet we're on the verge of some shocking revelation that none of us saw coming two months ago!

Back
Top Bottom