Soundtracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgesBiggestFan

The Fly
Hi! :wave: Not sure if I'm on the right forum for this. If not, I apologize. :reject:

I've been quite diligent in collecting all of U2's releases and thought my collection to be complete. However, I've just come to the realization that for it to be truly complete, I will have to have all of the soundtrack albums on which they appear. The following is a list of all of the actual albums (though their music appears in some movies, it doesn't always make it to the soundtrack albums or there may not be released soundtrack albums) that I've come across so far.

They Call it an Accident
The Last American Virgin
The Courier
Scrooged
Pow-Wow Highway
Until the End of the World
Honeymoon in Vegas
Faraway So Close
In the Name of the Father
Reality Bites
Short Cuts
Blown Away
Pret a Porter
Threesome
Johnny Mnemonic
Heat
The Blackout
The End of the Violence
City of Angels
Forces of Nature
Runaway Bride
Cookie's Fortune
The Family Man
Moulin Rouge
Mr. Deeds
Gangs of New York
Bloody Sunday
The Good Thief
Intermission

I already have Captive.

Are there any that I'm missing? I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.

The Batman movie...

And Million Dollar Hotel...

Those are the two I noticed at first glance.

Forgettable movies but the songs are some of the best contributed to a soundtrack.

The OP is clearly aware of that site, as his/her list is taken directly from there, and listed in the exact order that U2Wanderer has listed them.

But, for some reason, that list stops at 2004. Like whoever put it together stopped updating it? Because certainly there have been U2 songs on soundtracks since '04...case in point The Devil Wears Prada as mentioned by alanah.

Um, no...

They are both in chronological order, but the OP missed some key ones... So I'm not sure he's aware of the site.

Yeah, you're right. It looked to me like he had used that site, but only listed the ones where a song appeared on the physical soundtrack.

He got most of them, but a quick run through and it looks like he missed the two you mentioned (Batman Forever, Million Dollar Hotel) and Tomb Raider.

There are also a couple of iffy ones, where it's not exactly U2 on the soundtrack - like the Mission: Impossible stuff that just Adam and Larry did, and the In America song that Bono wrote with Gavin Friday. But I guess if the OP counts the Captive soundtrack, then those should count too.

Hi! Didn't know about the Wanderer site. Got the list from another site.

Forgot to mention that I had the Million Dollar Hotel, Batman, and Tomb Raider.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom