Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' trailer | Inside Movies | EW.com

"There are moments in Jonathan Safran Foer’s best-selling 2005 novel Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close that are so unimaginably heartbreaking, it’s hard — despite how good the book is — to not to need to put it down and take a breather (or just have a really good cry). For those unfamiliar with Foer’s novel, about a young, imaginative New York City boy named Oskar (Jeopardy! winner Thomas Horn, making his big screen debut) who loses his father (Tom Hanks) in the Sept. 11 attacks, the trailer might be just as weepy.

The trailer sets up the story (after the tragedy, Oskar embarks upon a journey around the city with a mysterious key that belonged to his father) and its tender moments (all the people Oskar meets during his quest). The U2 song actually pushes the trailer in to dangerous schmaltzy territory, but readers have to have faith in the Oscar-friendly combination of director Stephen Daldry (The Hours), writer Eric Roth (Forrest Gump), and two of the biggest stars on the planet (Hanks, Sandra Bullock)"

i'm at work and can't view. which U2 song is used. the story sounds good. never read the book.

Wow. I was not expecting to like that trailer, but I did get a lump in the throat. But really, when you put WTSHNN in any trailer (and Lord knows it's been done many times), it automatically raises it to another level.

I loved this book. Just recently saw Everything Is Illuminated, which was the first book by this author, and while I didn't like the book nearly as much as Extremely Loud ... , the movie was wonderful. I highly recommend it.

I must be the only one, but that trailer looks awful on about 60 levels. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom