Everything you know is wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYwire

The Fly
hEY Y'ALL.. its been a while.. somehow I keep coming back to where I 1st found my way through U2s music way back in the day.. i believe it was during
the pop mart days...

well, i finally did it.! i got my new motorcycle, the one!! yup what i've always wanted & i'm crazy over heals in love with it.!! i bought it brand new a year ago, this past month!! wooohooo! :applaud:

well, recently I have been spending time online on the r1-forum, & have had the great pleasure of becoming great friends with a great man, BEn Down Under in Australia.!! we have only just began to talk about music! I am finally doing it this time! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING MY OWN HOME RECORDING / MIXING STUDIO!! I am about to blow a tonne of cash, all based around the AVID PRO TOOLS HD platform! its gonna be amazing! and I hope to produce some great work over the coming years!! its been too long!! i misse y'all!! :wave:

here's a picture!!
cadmiumlake.jpg

now, the reason for the post!! and my coming back!! we had a discussion regarding music, Benzo is a fan of u2s early work, and recently he shared with me a song
Reptile - Skrillex

Reptile - Skrillex - YouTube

WELL
, wouldnt you know it.. i instantly thought back on this recording..
it was filmed the night before u2 came to town, VANCOUVER BC! i was at that show! and BONO had shaved his head! i know the feeling..

U2 - PoPmuzik+MoFo(PoPmart.Live from Mexico City.1997.) - YouTube

sound familiar!?

Benzo says he knows where it comes from, 70s .. yeet he thinks we need to agree to disagree on U2!! he loved Rattle & Hum.. the new stuff. not so much.. well.. here is my response!! enjoy!

NYWire :heart:

AHAHAH... nope, sorry.. you're wrong!
lol.gif

u2 began trying to find their place in the shitty

music landscape that was the 80s!.. they had a
hard time convincing Brian Eno to produce them because
of this actually... Eno is forward thinking.. electronic
gadgetry & blips & blops & world class production..

have a listen to Roxy Music, Eno was part of that band early on..

Bono has clearly stated, he wanted to know what was wrong about

their music, not what was right... funny thing is.. what was right
about their music came out in Joshua Tree & Rattle & HUm, rattle n' humm
was a complete disaster, critically.!! they lost a tonne of cash. but it was
a success, creatively!! it taught them what they wanted to know!!

read... you're an irish band pretending to be american, you've bought into

everything that is decadent about music, specially through the 80s..
a musical journey is one thing.. but by the way... you're not very good at it!

so they dropped all pretence & set out to become the band they were always

meant to be.. u2 cannot work under the limitations of traditional americana!

BONO had to take the first step & stopped feeling sorry for himself, he was taking

himself way to serious in the 80s!! hell man.. he aint Jesus! and he aint John Lennon
either!
1848.gif

i'll try n' get you a copy of the latest... they did interviews & film about the making of

zooTV.. and why it was such a departure..

you have to be willing to risk it all, leave everything that you think is right about your music and your escapades.... on one side. you got Joshua Tree.. on the other you have

the band that you always were meant to be! in the middle.. there is nothing but a big fvcking chain saw... chopping down the Joshua Tree..

I was 18, had been a fan of U2 for years, back to their Under A Blood REd sky! mini LP..

I still know how to play all of those old tunes.. man they were amazing! its what made me fall in love with Americana when i left guatemala in '86.. so you gotta understand...
there is no disagreement here. I am a huge fan of their early work.!!

in 1991 they came to town.. i did not know it was u2, i heard THE FLY on the radio! and never looked back.. it was only until i stumbled into a record shop to find their back catalog sitting right next to ZOO TV LIVE IN AUSTRALIA!!! YAH!! NO SHIT!! i still get goose bumps man!! the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up!!

I completely fell in love with AUSTRALIA at this point!! I know shit about yer country but i believe in the freedom of it!! always have!! yep... i still have the original VHS of RAttle & humm!! it sits right next to ZOO TVs VHS!@!

so noh, i'm sorry but i cannot agree to disagree... you gotta be willing to risk it all.,

and without your failures, your success means nothing!!

Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois made sure i fell in love with ENGINEERING!! the reason I am here today & with my love of music is because of them taking a chance on a little irish band from the wrong side of the tracks...

Back
Top Bottom