Did U2 play a CND show in England in the early days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Panther

Refugee
Hi. Question for the historians:

Back in the late 70s or (more likely) early 80s, did U2 play as part of a larger bill for Britain's CND (campaign for nuclear disarmament)? This would be a gig somewhere in England, probably south-England. The headliner was supposedly the Thompson Twins, with The Pop Group also appearing.

I had a quick look at the history of U2 gigs online, but I couldn't get the details of things like who was on the bill, so I'm not sure.

Further information suggests the tour "went all over the place" and maybe "the main london gig was the lyceum." Person speaking suggests there were maybe half a dozen CND shows on this tour (though he doesn't specify if U2 appeared at all or only the one).

Anyone?

Hi. Question for the historians:

Back in the late 70s or (more likely) early 80s, did U2 play as part of a larger bill for Britain's CND (campaign for nuclear disarmament)? This would be a gig somewhere in England, probably south-England. The headliner was supposedly the Thompson Twins, with The Pop Group also appearing.

I had a quick look at the history of U2 gigs online, but I couldn't get the details of things like who was on the bill, so I'm not sure.
U2 London, 1983-12-18, Victoria Apollo, Various Dates - U2 on tour

http://www.u2tour.de/tour/show347.html

Back
Top Bottom