Bono to perform at concert this friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So from EOnline:

Robert Pattinson is on board.

I just got word that the Twilight star has signed on for Friday's Hope for Haiti telethon. As of right now, it looks like Rob will be the sole presenter in London with performances by Jay-Z and Bono.

Stateside performers — some announced and others not — will include:

Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Shakira and Bruce Springsteen are among those who will perform live during the two-hour benefit, which will air on all the major television networks (including our very own E!).

Other mega-celebs who will present and/or help in the phone banks are Jennifer Aniston, Jake Gyllenhaal, Brad Pitt, Anna Kendrick, Sandra Bullock, Zac Efron, Bradley Cooper, Renée Zellweger, Chris Pine, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Colin Farrell, Jon Hamm, Gabby Sidibe and Emily Blunt, among many others.

No word yet on Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, but as I was the first to tell you Hollywood's hottest vampire movie trio is a very wanted group for the telethon because of the impact they would have with young people.

Also on organizers' wish list are — no surprise — Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.

Clooney is set to host from Los Angeles with Wyclef John in New York City and CNN newsman Anderson Cooper in Haiti.

So, is it going to be a collaboration or two separate performances. I for one love Jay-Z and hope it's a collab.

I have a feeling it's going to be a performance of the collaboration they just recorded.

And One.

if you follow the pattern of news from when NLOTH was released, there's a chance we won't have any concrete news for another 2 months.....if the album comes out in June (or at all). NLOTH was released at the end of February/early March, and it wasn't until Xmas 2008 that Q Magazine first gave us song titles.

Good points, the delay to the announcement of NLOTH got my timeline all of out whack, I would just think there would be some sort of imminent announcement to build up the hype, single release and I would think they'd have a couple promotional shows as well to atleast get them rehearsed for June. Still in that April/May wheelhouse though...I just can't wait. :hyper:

“Last night we wrote a song … Bono got a call from a producer, Swizz. He and Jay-Z wanted to do something for Haiti. So, Bono came up with the phrase on the phone, and last night we were here, we wrote a song — finished, recorded, and send it back to them. So, that might be the next thing you hear from us!” - The Edge, U2

Look for a picture about 1/4 of the way down.

THE LATEST NEWS & UPDATES ON THE HAITI EARTHQUAKE | Official Wavey Willie Blog | Wavey Willie News and Celebrity Blogs | Global Grind

so everywhere on the internet is reporting that this song is indeed a U2 and Jay-Z collaboration...ugh....:angry:

So it will be Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z and maybe Rihanna....

Will be a collaboration to forget... however the most important is the good cause of course. Let's hope a lot of money will be raised for the victims in Haiti.

So it will be Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z and maybe Rihanna....

Will be a collaboration to forget... however the most important is the good cause of course. Let's hope a lot of money will be raised for the victims in Haiti.

yep. definitely. i guess Haiti needs charity more than we need a kick ass U2 song, lol!

Unfortunately this collaboration involves Rhianna, this is worse than performing with MJB.

From U2.com

Hope For Haiti Now20 January 2010
'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' this Friday will feature performances by Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna in London.

All musical performances will be available through Apple's iTunes Store beginning Saturday, January 23, with all proceeds benefiting Haiti relief funds managed by 'Hope for Haiti Now' charities.

In addition to musical performances, Wyclef Jean in New York City, George Clooney in Los Angeles, and CNN's Anderson Cooper reporting from Haiti, 'Hope for Haiti Now' will feature more than one hundred of the biggest names in film, television, and music supporting the cause with testimonials and by answering phones during the telethon.

The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund and United Nations World Food Programme have joined the list of relief organizations that will benefit from 'Hope for Haiti Now,' which also includes Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF, and Yele Haiti Foundation. Proceeds from 'Hope for Haiti Now' will be split evenly among each organization's individual funds for Haiti earthquake relief.

The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, and CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and 7:00 p.m. CT. 'Hope for Haiti Now' will also air on PBS, TNT, Showtime, COMEDY CENTRAL, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, CENTRIC, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green, and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television, and MuchMusic.

The event will be live streamed online across sites including YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Fancast, AOL, MSN.com, Yahoo, Bing.com, BET.com, CNN.com, MTV.com,VH1.com, and Rhapsody and on mobile via Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and FloTV. 'Hope for Haiti Now' will also air internationally on BET International, CNN International, National Geographic, and MTV Networks International. 'Hope for Haiti Now' will be the first U.S.-based telethon airing on MTV in China. Facebook and Twitter have signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.

Looks like anyone who wants to should be able to watch this.

in otherwords, downloading a torrent of this would probably secure a spot in hell? :wink:

cool. i'll buy U2's performance even if it's awful since the money goes to Haiti.

I'm looking forward to hearing a new song. I love hearing new material when it involves members of U2.
and here's hoping this event brings help where it's needed :up:

Well I have CNN on Freeview in the UK but it appears that after midnight this becomes The Jewellery Channel so I guess I'll be watching online. Assuming I haven't reached my download limit.

Just an observation: does U2 (full band) ever really do one-off charity gigs, unless it's for one of their "sponsored" causes (ONE campaign, Music Rising, etc.)? Seems like it's always Bono & Edge for these things. Last one I can remember with full band was the 9/11 'Tribute to Heroes' special.

Back
Top Bottom