ABC NEWS: Bono injured in rehearsal, undergoes emergency back surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get well soon, B-man! Take your time.

It's probably gauche to even comment on tour logistics so soon, but it's the Internet, so what the heck: I'm actually glad that my Oakland show will probably be post-poned, so that the band can get some warm-up dates under their belts first.

I think it's pre-mature to talk about cancelling the tour. Clearly if it's serious, they will have to, but I am sure he is getting excellent care and the statement said he should be out in a few days, which sounds promising.

Current news: Oil crisis, North Korea, global warming, increase in earthquakes, Africa, poverty, war in Iraq, terrorism, White Sox off to a bad start, the Philadelphia Flyers STILL in the playoffs and Bono’s back……

The most distressing of these, of course, is Bono....

The weight of the world on his shoulders finally screwed up his back. That's what the oil crisis, global warming, North Korea, White Sox playing poorly and the Flyers still in the playoffs will do to the guy.

:wink:

Walk on, walk on...

Don't torture the man.

My daughter broke her leg recently. She was in pain and in a bad mood for the first few days, and wanted to listen to U2. I thought maybe she'd want to listen to something uplifting and inspiring, so I suggested Walk On. She looked at me with this expression > :| and then I realized the significance. Oops.

Anyway, I'm sure Bono's in great hands, and hopefully this will fix his back issues for good. Sorry to those of you whose travel plans are in jeopardy.

My daughter broke her leg recently. She was in pain and in a bad mood for the first few days, and wanted to listen to U2. I thought maybe she'd want to listen to something uplifting and inspiring, so I suggested Walk On. She looked at me with this expression > :| and then I realized the significance. Oops.

Wait til my father hears about this :tsk:.

Exactly, push it to 2011 if need be.

Absolutey. Been a fan for 15 years, I'll definitely still be a fan in 2011!!!

If it is true that the tour is going to start in Minneapolis instead, then I can imagine that the European tour will be affected too. Probably have to shuffle some of the earlier Euro dates around to give the US tour time to finish itself, and to get the equipment over there.

Absolutey. Been a fan for 15 years, I'll definitely still be a fan in 2011!!!

If it is true that the tour is going to start in Minneapolis instead, then I can imagine that the European tour will be affected too. Probably have to shuffle some of the earlier Euro dates around to give the US tour time to finish itself, and to get the equipment over there.

I said in another thread, I don't see how the Anaheim and Oakland dates can be made up during this summer. The Angels and A's don't have road trips long enough for the rest of the MLB season to allow the stage to get set up, taken down, and have their fields fixed. Those dates will have to be made up either during the winter or into 2011.

There is so much I want to type.....and a lot that I should just keep to myself.

I'm definitely not selfish right now about my tickets and the tour. I can handle refunds and all that stuff. I want him better and back on his feet, considering I just saw him a few weeks ago. The entire U2 nation can wait until he's 100%

I worry about pharmaceutical drugs and their power. I know, it's stupid....but I'd be devastated if something bad with pharmies were to happen over time. I know my boy is stronger than that......but I can't help but worry.

I would love to know what the F*ck he was doing. Was this in rehearsal? Was he swinging on the UV microphone and slipped? Did someone not put a sign up when they mopped the floor?

I hope his band mates and the entire U2 nation rally for him. He doesn't have to run around the ellipse in order for me to see them play again.

Gosh....I'm pretty wrecked about this.

The crazy of the crazy is I woke up this morning and thought, you know Mark, maybe you should go on twitter and have @u2 sent you live twitter feeds from here on in to the start of the tour.

Was doing my math lesson in front of the kids today and made my way back to my desk to sneak a look at my iphone as it just buzzed in my pocket. I was floored.

Even my mom called me after work to let me know what she heard on the news.

There is so much I want to type.....and a lot that I should just keep to myself.

I'm definitely not selfish right now about my tickets and the tour. I can handle refunds and all that stuff. I want him better and back on his feet, considering I just saw him a few weeks ago. The entire U2 nation can wait until he's 100%

I worry about pharmaceutical drugs and their power. I know, it's stupid....but I'd be devastated if something bad with pharmies were to happen over time. I know my boy is stronger than that......but I can't help but worry.

I would love to know what the F*ck he was doing. Was this in rehearsal? Was he swinging on the UV microphone and slipped? Did someone not put a sign up when they mopped the floor?

I hope his band mates and the entire U2 nation rally for him. He doesn't have to run around the ellipse in order for me to see them play again.

Gosh....I'm pretty wrecked about this.

The crazy of the crazy is I woke up this morning and thought, you know Mark, maybe you should go on twitter and have @u2 sent you live twitter feeds from here on in to the start of the tour.

Was doing my math lesson in front of the kids today and made my way back to my desk to sneak a look at my iphone as it just buzzed in my pocket. I was floored.

Even my mom called me after work to let me know what she heard on the news.

:hug:

Your not the only one Mark, who's had some of these thoughts....mainly what the heck was he doing in rehersal?

But really did you just hug him too hard when you met him or something? :wink:

It was rumored on a German U2 site, last weekend, that he met with a doctor in Germany about his back. He was spotted at the Munich airport. It was posted in the Cannes Thread in Pleba on the 2nd or 3rd page.

Get better and be well, old man.

A delayed show is better than no shows at all in the future because of a hasty return.

Poor Bono - I hope the pain isn't too bad.

Clearly we wait to see Bono's diagnosis and wish him a speedy recovery. Hopefully, it's just a 6-week type of delay.

Since many of us have tickets for the start of the tour (for example, the Oakland show is June 16th), I would state that these are probably all canceled. My guess is that we'll see you Bono in 2011! Until then, rest and recover. And Larry, with the downtime, get your back worked on too! We want healthy U2!!

I just can't believe it :sad:
These news definitely changed my mood today... :sigh:
I hope he gets better as soon as possible :hug: I'll pray for you, Bono!
It's just a moment
This time will pass

I actually feel like crying. I feel like I can say that here without getting laughed at :slant:
^ This

I want him better and back on his feet [...]. The entire U2 nation can wait until he's 100%
^ and this.

relax. after this he'll start using boots again and run and jump like crazy. He's strong, he's not a washed up rock star. :up:

Maybe it was an herniated disc (I hope it's the right term).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom