Zoo TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewCowley

Refugee
I'm listening to Zoo TV Dublin. The opening strains of Zoo Station still sound incredible.

Anyway I have just realised that 2012 marks the 20th aniversary of this tour. Holy freakin' crap.

Ah, there's nothin' I like better than eulogizing about Zoo TV. It was about 20 years ahead of its time - if a band did that tour now, it would still be mind-blowing. Most assuredly the "Seargent Pepper of rock tours".

The only thing that bugs me about the Dublin show is that they shorten WOWY, so there's no "shine like stars" or the familiar guitar solo that made the ZooTV version so cool. Otherwise, pretty flawless concert.

I'm listening to Zoo TV Dublin. The opening strains of Zoo Station still sound incredible.

Anyway I have just realised that 2012 marks the 20th aniversary of this tour. Holy freakin' crap.

129129736048490489.jpg

Everyone who hasn't needs to download and listen to the Stockholm 1992 bootleg (the second night). It's utterly fantastic, and has great sound quality. Definitely one of my favorite bootlegs.

digitize said:
Everyone who hasn't needs to download and listen to the Stockholm 1992 bootleg (the second night). It's utterly fantastic, and has great sound quality. Definitely one of my favorite bootlegs.

Thanks- I don't have that one, I'll check it out.

I always knew about and didn`t mind U2 before it but ZOOTV is when i fell totally in love with them!
Changed my life ever since.......he he! My favourite era/tour for sure! Was listening to the Sydney concert (fan club CD) today, it`s not a bad show either.

digitize said:

:up:

Agreed

digitize said:
It's utterly glorious.

Loaded onto my iPod, ready for my lengthy commute tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I'm always on the lookout for standout shows, from any era. Can get overwhelming without recommendations.

I remember ZooTV being all over MTV News back in the day. It blew everyone away. Amazing.

That and Dublin are my favourite bootlegs evar.

Oh and Zooropa Rotterdam is pretty smashing too. You can hear the crowd loudly wtf when Macphisto comes on for the first time ever. Hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom