zoo tv Encore idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
so most are delighted like me about the zootv shout out in the first encore of the shows. zoo station, the fly, mysterious ways.

but today i was thinkin' about all those songs that were apparently rehearsed for this tour but that we have not seen yet. then i got a wicked idea...

we all want more setlist changes from show to show right? its hard for the band to do cuz they want to keep an over-all 'feel' for the show, as well as, its hard for 4 guys to all remember how to play old songs. so keeping those 2 points in mind i dreampt up a realistic way that both could be accomplished.

using only the songs that they have been rehearsing, AS WELL, keeping th 'feel' of a zootv set, imagine 3 different rotating zoo tv encores from show to show.

1: zoo station, fly, mysterious ways
2: even better, until end of world, wild horses
3: ultra violet, lemon, wowy

it would be so awesome. 3 different parts of the old zootv set being ressurected. i think that they would all work well too. the opening of even better, or ultra violet are both jarring enough and up tempo just like zoo station. and to end with wild horses and wowy are both arena sing alongs that would be good for them to exit the stage to, setting up the last encore.

what are your thoughts?

popmart86 said:
i dont think the band could take 3 encores :eyebrow: :scratch: :huh:

not one after another!
rotate them so one night plat the first encore and second night play a different one etc

I really think thats what there trying to do. When I went to my Chicago show thats the vibe I felt when they showed the ZooTV intro. I really thought "Lemon" was going to bust out. Once they get to Europe I think we'll see some rotating on that part of the show. Its a cool idea though.

Back
Top Bottom