Zoo TV Alternate Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I think that the opening night take on this intro. was basically the high-point in U2's history. Spectacular, ethereal, strangely touching, and sardonicly self-aware at the same time. Perfect.

Is there a dvd of that whole show? That clip looks pro-shot & looks great. I'd love to trade for it or whatever if it's out there....

Last edited:
I always enjoyed the Arena leg Zoo opener. I remember Bono saying in an interview at the time that he came up with it during one of their photo shoots in Morocco. Its supposedly based on the daily call to prayer he would hear while they were down there.

The New York one is a pro shot broadcast of a few songs. Never seen the Dortmund one before though. Clearly its some type of TV broadcast. Probably not the whole show though, but interesting anyway.

^ it was posted a while about the bit before Zoo Station.

someone had wrote out the words. but it was unknown if it was a real song or that Bono made it up for the show.

I can hear a lot of similarities between the bono chant, which i recalled from zoo tv tour and the pre bullet chant at slane. remember, by the time its bonofied, it can become a different beast altogether

Am am fully aware that slane was in 2001 or 02 and this Zoo Tv one was from 93-94 before anyone says.

Last edited:
The dortmund boot is one of my faves, I play it in my car all the time. Really rough around the edges sound.

Sinead O'Connor sings the Bullet intro in Slane.

"aaaah
I could have lost you
aaaah
I could have let you go"

I also read somewhere the chant ends with

"slipping through the cracks
slipping through the cracks"

Last edited:
^ :yes:

there is a clearer version of the chant that was mixed with the intro to ZooTV Sydney's Zoo Station.

it ends with ''slipping through the cracks'' and goes straight into the guitar slide. i always crank the volume high on that bit :drool: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom