ZOMG, We've, like, NEVAR done this!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

The same friend I mentioned above recently bought October. She's so far my only successful conversion to U2ism, and her first reaction after listening to the album a couple of times was "October SUCKS!"

October is near impossible to place alongside the rest of the band's albums because it sounds of childhood innocence and uncertainty, a quality missing in other U2 albums. I think the foreign qualities of the album make it more difficult to be appreciated. I also don't think it helps that October is a very feminine record. When you have a feminine record between two very masculine ones, you're bound to see that record misunderstood and unappreciated. The band wouldn't wander into the theme, veiwpoint and atmosphere of that gender until The Unforgettable Fire and then The Joshua Tree. The former of which also suffers from a lack of appreciation.

U2isthebest said:

Now neither of those make sense...were you, like, totally faced when you wrote them?

:uhoh:

Want an autograph? (I scanned it from a previous autograph I wrote 6 years ago :happy:)

U2isthebest said:
I heard the U2's don't pay their taxes.:mad:

I heard Bownoh had his hat flown across the Atlantic at taxpayers' expense! :ohmy:

LemonMelon said:

Give me a second to put on my sheep costume.

.......................f*cking zipper...

OK, I'm ready.

HIIIIIIIII GUYS!!11$!#$##3333 I"M NOO two this forum! It's SOOOO gr8! I especially love the blue color! It's so...not red! :happy: :cute: I have a myspace, want to see??? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=53748692

OK, so I guess this is the section for talkibg about U2 right! I like that one dude's hat.

mk, so my list looks like this:

1. Pop (it's got a SHINY cover! :ohmy: )
2. Greatest Hits 1980-1990 (it has that song with boyzone in the music video :hyper: )
3. ATYCLB (it has that song about being stuck in a moment! I don't understand it but WOW, it's so deep :comthrust:
4. Joshua Tree (it sold like 87 gazillion)
5. Achtung Baby (because I heard it's good :happy: )

I hope you can see my post, I like silver words! :happy:

you win:love:

:shocked: WTF?

LemonMelon wouldn't have even been able to post such a classic response if I hadn't made this kick-ass, original thread in the first place.:mad:

Don't I get to win anything?:sad:

U2isthebest said:

:eek:

That made my puppy cry!

Bone-o is such a hypocrite. His sunglasses are really ugly.

The quality of U2's music is directly correlated to the length of Bono's hair and how often he wears his sunglasses, didn't you know!

Axver said:

The quality of U2's music is directly correlated to the length of Bono's hair and how often he wears his sunglasses, didn't you know!

I know, because they, like, totally sucketh now.

It was those cooler shades in the 90s that did the trick!:yes:

Spider shades they were called?....Or was it centipede? or....wasp? something like that.....:confused:

So Bono still wears his sunglasses all the time, which means some people will think their next album is really amazingly fantastic, but his hair is short now, which means some people will think it sucks.

:happy:

bonocomet said:
So Bono still wears his sunglasses all the time, which means some people will think their next album is really amazingly fantastic, but his hair is short now, which means some people will think it sucks.

But, like, I'm, like, stuck in 1997 fo' realz yo.:(

They've recorded since then?:ohmy:

Ya learn something new every day!:happy:

Axver said:
The only one that ever grew on me was Scarlet, which I initially overlooked but now adore.
I like Scarlet, but I don't think Is That All? will ever grow on me. Everytime it comes on I just get pissed off that it's not The Electric Co. :grumpy:

Axver said:
That, I think, is why Gloria works and crap like songs by the Newsboys don't.
:uhoh: I went to one of their concerts once, because it was free. It sucked :barf:

(And I regret that I'm too tired to add anything creatively humourous to this thread :()

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I like Scarlet, but I don't think Is That All? will ever grow on me. Everytime it comes on I just get pissed off that it's not The Electric Co. :grumpy:

:uhoh: I went to one of their concerts once, because it was free. It sucked :barf:

(And I regret that I'm too tired to add anything creatively humourous to this thread :()

I'll laugh at anything you say Chass!:flirt:

no matter how shamelessly unfunny it is!:happy: :wink:

:uhoh: I actually, *um* love the Newsboys....:uhoh:

U2isthebest said:
I'll laugh at anything you say Chass!:flirt:

no matter how shamelessly unfunny it is!:happy: :wink:

:hug: Okay, let's try this:

U2isthebest said:
They've recorded since then?:ohmy:
They were replaced by boring and repetitive robots in 1998 :shh:

Also:

U2isthebest said:
:uhoh: I actually, *um* love the Newsboys....:uhoh: [/B]
After enduring the noise pollution of Love Liberty Disco over and over again, on the guy next to me's discman, on a 5 hour bus trip, I could never like them.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Hah! I'm somewhat apathetic towards Is That All? I don't think it has any particularly bad qualities, but it doesn't really do anything either. It's one of those tracks that's "just there". I think it should have been a b-side and Scarlet left as the closer.

Oh, goodness. Suddenly I'm thankful that my sole exposure to them was from a former friend (emphasis on "former") who was hyper-evangelical and played the Newsboys around me all the time.

I don't think he liked the fact that I burst into fits of condescending laughter every time he played the song Breakfast.

U2isthebest said:
:uhoh: I actually, *um* love the Newsboys....:uhoh:

You. Out of the thread. Now.

:wink:

LemonMelon said:

HIIIIIIIII GUYS!!11$!#$##3333 I"M NOO two this forum! It's SOOOO gr8! I especially love the blue color! It's so...not red! :happy: :cute: I have a myspace, want to see??? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=53748692

OK, so I guess this is the section for talkibg about U2 right! I like that one dude's hat.

mk, so my list looks like this:

1. Pop (it's got a SHINY cover! :ohmy: )
2. Greatest Hits 1980-1990 (it has that song with boyzone in the music video :hyper: )
3. ATYCLB (it has that song about being stuck in a moment! I don't understand it but WOW, it's so deep :comthrust:
4. Joshua Tree (it sold like 87 gazillion)
5. Achtung Baby (because I heard it's good :happy: )

I hope you can see my post, I like silver words! :happy:

omg how did u mayk dat culr!!!11111 it remind me of pop il iek dat ablum!!!11111 hutab sux bcuz it is not pop!!!!!11111 but uleik atbl b even tho it is not pop even tho it iz 00s u2 it not expemt but i leik that bd song!!!111qedjks

Holy shit, even at her worst, I think love_u2_adam was still more coherent than that.

bonocomet said:

Oh noes! What will poor Bano do when some people criticise the album? :(

I hope he'll be OK. :hug:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:hug: Okay, let's try this:

They were replaced by boring and repetitive robots in 1998 :shh:

Also:

After enduring the noise pollution of Love Liberty Disco over and over again, on the guy next to me's discman, on a 5 hour bus trip, I could never like them.

Amazing!!! You're always so informative Chass! I really love your insights!:hug: :bonodrum:

Axver said:
Wow, ORIGINAL THREAD!!! :up:

1. ACHTUNG FUCKING BABY!
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Pawp
4. The Joshua Fallen Down Tree
5. Hut Dab

An Hut Dabh is not an album, everyONE noz that :tsk:

Axver said:

Hah! I'm somewhat apathetic towards Is That All? I don't think it has any particularly bad qualities, but it doesn't really do anything either. It's one of those tracks that's "just there". I think it should have been a b-side and Scarlet left as the closer.

I used to think that Scarlet should have closed it too, but I've completely changed my mind. Is That All has a joy in it's sound that leaves me with a really great feeling at the end of the record. I think they chose the correct song.

Axver said:

:lol:

this thread is crazy :crazy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom