You Ever Notice......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
In 1998 when U2 played Santiago, it was put on TV. Great videos if you ever watch them on youtube. The Bad/AIWIY is the best ever! But, in the Making of the Joshua Tree video they did in 1998, Bono says they did Mother's of the Disappeared (and they did). Then they showed a clip of the song with the MOTD onstage and Bono and The Edge sing the beautiful harmony and everything. Bono isn't wearing that crazy jacket and then he claps and bows to the ladies at the end of the song. But, in the Santiago TV video, the same concert, none of that happens. The jacket is on, it looks and sounds completely different, as if it was a completely different concert. Anywho know what I am talking about?

SMB

U2 also performed that song at their three concerts in Argentina (the second of which was also broadcasted on TV, IIRC). So the footage might be from that concert.

Oh yeah that could be. So, it was just an error on the part of the guy who edited that film then

SMB

I think thats no error, remember the elevation dvd ? Edge even had different guitars...

the boys are very aware of their public image, maybe someones hairdo wasn`t perfect ?

Anywho know what I am talking about?

SMB

Funnily enough, I watched the making of JT replay on the telly last week (great programme by the way - really interesting) Can't explain the differences, must be from a different performance?

There's a similar discrepency with the Boston 83 tapes, the dates and perfromances don't add up properly - Never got to the bottom of that one.

Back
Top Bottom