ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how many kits do chelsea sport this year?
i've seen them in yellow, blue and white... do they still have a fourth black one?

villa vs man united in the fa cup AGAIN. im getting fucking tired of this. why can't we just draw a shit team for once??!! :(

Looks like Mourinho will be the new coach of England................I would go with Capello if I would be the FA, but...................tastes!
What counts, is not to see McClaren again, right? :)

Mourinho or capello would be brilliant. mourinho is probably better equipped since he knows the english chelsea players like cole, lampard, terry ect.. and he speaks better english too and has managed in the premiership so he knows what the players are used to.

1stepcloser said:
villa vs man united in the fa cup AGAIN. im getting fucking tired of this. why can't we just draw a shit team for once??!! :(

I was annoyed by it aswell. It would be nice for one of the minnows to have got a game against us - and that goes for the other all premiership ties. It's just a shame for those smaller clubs.

Anyway, dont worry too much 1step about not gettin a run in the Cup - there's always next season!:wink:

o'neill has been at villa a year and a half now and hasn't won one single cup match. we drew united and chelsea in the fa cup and league cup last year and we lost to bloody leicester this year in the league cup. united always beat us at villa park. we've got a much better team than last season but we'll still lose goddamn it.

Next season :drool:

Good game for us last nite - Ronny should've had 3 if it wasnt for Styles! I guess you could say it's always a risk that he might dive in that one on one situation with the keeper, but to be fair I havent seen him do that for a while now. He's cleaned up the diving side of his game a lot from what I see. Also there was definate contact from what I saw.

Anyway, another win that's what counts. Derby next, then the biggun with Liverpool on the 16th! Cant wait!:drool:

Just saw a thread on a different forum about the greatest team ever so i thought i'd get it started on here too. here's my 2 cents:

--------------------------------Schmeichel---------------------------------

Thuram-------------Moore-------------------Baresi-------------Maldini

-----------------------------Beckenbauer----------------------------------

Best---------------------------------------------------------------Garrincha

--------------------------------Zidane-----------------------------------------

-----------Van Basten----------------------Maradona----------------------

:drool:

Anyone else want to beat that? :wink:

I'd try with this:

----------------------------Jascin---------------------------

Zambrotta----------Blanc-----------Camacho-------------R.Carlos

---------------Figo------------------------------------Overath

---------------------------Maradona

----------------------------------------------------Zidane

-------------------Van Basten
--------------------------------------Gerd Mueller

Not bad, eh?
:wink:

Maldini used to play even as middle defender when he started out, he's going to retire after this year. It's at least sure at 95%.
Some newspaper in Italy is writing that he might already retire after the club worldcup in Tokyo..................Lets see, his knees are pretty destroyed, it's a miracle he played until 40! He's a proud, even if he's an Ac Milan symbol...........................

i can't believe he's still playing at the VERY highest level and he's 40. surely milan are going to retire his shirt. they did with baresi so they must now.

i just played my mate on Pro Evo as inter and he was roma and i got beaten :(

Inter aren't as good without recoba on pro evo :wink:

1stepcloser said:
i can't believe he's still playing at the VERY highest level and he's 40. surely milan are going to retire his shirt. they did with baresi so they must now.

It's gonna be a sad day when he retires, but it's a point where every player must arrive a day or the other. Actually the last 2-3 years Maldini is facing continous injuries, which really were problems. I wish for him that Ac Milan could win the world cup, it would be the right end for a player who lifted in the air 5 Champions Leagues and almost 10 italian titles...........(just to mention a couple of things he won, he's showcase weights tons)

newcastle definitely deserved the three points last night. big sam lives to see another day.

the gunners injury problems aren't going away quickly, though they're now 4 points ahead. trouble for them is united's playing very well of late (despite their loss a couple of weekends ago) and rooney will only help.

Well done 'Boro for yesterday! They really outplayed Arsenal for a lot of the game and really deserved the win. Just 1 point between the top two now. What a weekend we've got coming up!:drool:

no way, jose.

says mourinho to england. that headline was so bad, i'd bet the sun would buy it off me. :wink:

here's to hoping copello gets the job.

looking forward to liverpool's match tomorrow. big time pressure, indeed. gotta love the CL.

meh, it wasn't even close.

for my money, there's no player more exciting than torres. unbelievable ball control to go with his speed... great goal tonite.

liverpool falling further behind in the league and then midweek following up with an impressive champions league display. what a surprise.....

1stepcloser said:
liverpool falling further behind in the league and then midweek following up with an impressive champions league display. what a surprise.....

Indeed. Becoming something of a tradition I feel. I think on the whole most Liverpool fans would agree that Europe is no longer their priority. They've got a great history in the competition and have done exceptionally well in recent years. However, the fact that back home they have had to look up at Utd, Arsenal and more recently Chelsea since the Premiership started, must really grate at the fans. Looks like they may have to wait for next season already...unless Arsenal have a few more results like they did at Boro!:drool:

Great match yest!

FA 'positive' after Capello talks

The FA has described talks with prospective new England coach Fabio Capello as "extremely positive and without any problems". Capello flew out of Heathrow airport on Wednesday after meeting with the FA.

The 61-year-old met with FA chief executive Brian Barwick and director of development Sir Trevor Brooking. FA director of communications Adrian Bevington said: "Understandably further talks are now taking place between Fabio's advisors and ourselves."

BBC

Capello set for England hot-seat

Fabio Capello is poised to be confirmed as the new England manager after the Football Association board approved the Italian's appointment on Thursday. Capello will sign a four-and-a-half year contract worth £4m a year, but the finer points are still being finalised.

"The board has approved his appointment as manager subject to further contract negotiations," said an FA spokesman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7137847.stm

i for one am happy. who would you rather have taking us to the world cup 2010, steve mclaren who's won the league cup or fabio capello who's won the league title wherever he's been and has won the european cup. i think i know....

Maybe England is finally ready to have a bit of seriousness in the team, and to have game organization and respect from the other teams.........................This is what Fabio Capello won in his career:

As player: 4 italian titles (3 Juventus, 1 Milan) 2 italian cups (Roma, Juventus)

As coach: 7 italian titles (4 Milan 1 Roma 2 Juventus) 4 italian supercups (3 Milan 1 Roma) 2 spanish titles (Real Madrid) 1 champions league (Milan) 1 european supercup (Milan)

21 titles, all this, with long (big) balls.................

Back
Top Bottom