Worst Christmas Gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bag_beastie_animated.gif

My late grandparents gave me a sweater once that was about 4 sizes too small, we were always the "least favored" grandchildren so that was the type of gifts we got..any gift that shows lack of thought/feeling like that is a bad gift. I'd rather get nothing at all from someone.

Our family had that same problem with the stupid thoughtless gifts from one set of grandparents who cared more for the "East Coast Cousins" than for us. I hated that part of Christmas....THAT and ME always getting the combined Christmas/Birthday gift since my birthday is 12/30.....everyone else got a separate Christmas gift from their Birthday gift. WTF was up with that?

Carek1230 said:
Our family had that same problem with the stupid thoughtless gifts from one set of grandparents who cared more for the "East Coast Cousins" than for us. I hated that part of Christmas....THAT and ME always getting the combined Christmas/Birthday gift since my birthday is 12/30.....everyone else got a separate Christmas gift from their Birthday gift. WTF was up with that?

yea :rant: I hate that!

One of the worst gift I ever got was a GIANT flannel nightgown from my boyfriends mom. She gave me that and a body pillow in the same year. I think she was trying to tell me something :giggle:

I remember my worst christmas...I think my parents were strapped for cash...I was like 10 and my brother 7...we both got a flashlight, a hammer and a sleeping bag:| and they were all EXACTLY the same:|

:lmao:

Dismantled said:
I remember my worst christmas...I think my parents were strapped for cash...I was like 10 and my brother 7...we both got a flashlight, a hammer and a sleeping bag:| and they were all EXACTLY the same:|

Hammer Time ...

Hammer.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't like to get a Michael J. Fox for Christmas either.

GibsonGirl said:
Yeah, I wouldn't like to get a Michael J. Fox for Christmas either.

Hey! What's wrong with Michael J .Fox? I was a fan of him throughout many years of my childhood. He's cool.

I love Michael J Fox ...the only fan letter I ever wrote.

started out... Michael you are such a fox :lmao:

my friends older brother got ahold of it and the teasing never ended

redkat said:
I love Michael J Fox ...the only fan letter I ever wrote.

started out... Michael you are such a fox :lmao:

my friends older brother got ahold of it and the teasing never ended

neutral said:
....a hammer? for children? :der:

:scratch:

I'm not Dis in disguise:shifty::wink:

sure...we were farm kids:yes: you had to have a hammer and a jackknife by 5 at the oldest!

Society games. That is shitty lol

Oh... and like 5 years ago, I received a copied U2 CD. I was kinda insulted as I had hoped for the real one...

I was given a 200 dollar lay buy with 20 dollars down. Nothing to giving a 13 year old the lesson of financial responsibility for Christmas :madspit:

I recieved soap on a stick once..I didn't think that was possible to a real person you always hear about something like that on a TV show....Needless to say I didn't use it LOL

"michael you are such a fox":lol: that is too funny

My idiot Ex used to give me things for the house, or things HE wanted....like a stereo, microwave oven, DVD player. I thought that was unfair. The schmuck.

A few years ago, when I was in college, my parents got me a medieval sword for Christmas. Hello, random?

I was 21 years old, I wasn't into medieval things, I lived in a dorm where weapons aren't allowed, so what the heck am I going to do with a huge sword??!!

Aw! Poor thing.

I find that the worst Christmas gifts are bath salts. I almost always get them every single year. There's a whole pile of them in my cupboard. When people buy you bath salts, you know they've just given up on finding anything half-decent.

My brother-in-law's mother was notorious for shopping at the dollar store for Christmas and Birthdays. She often bought presents that appeared to involve absolutely no thought or connection with the child or adult that she was giving to.

I've worked with computers my whole life, but have never really fancied myself to be a nerd, particularly not in my mid-20's when I was emminently concerned about the opinions of the ladies.

One Christmas I was at her house and was pleasantly surprised that she had gone out of her way to get me a gift. I certainly hadn't expected it, since we had never exchanged gifts before. Apparently, she had given some thought to my gift, because when I opened it, it contained a 4 pack of Pocket Protectors. :mad: I was so insulted, I actually gritted my teeth, gave her the hairy eyeball and in a low voice growled "Are you serious?"

Fortunately, she was going deaf and noticed none of my displeasure. It didn't take long for me to realize that she had no idea about geek culture or nerd stereotypes, and simply thought it was a practical gift for a pen-loving on-the-move 20-something :|

That woman drove my sister bananas every Christmas :lmao:

my parents bought me a bag of weed last year. i was kind of upset, they know i only do the hard shit. :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom