World Economic Fair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
Okay, so I was a little peeved when the Building Manager sent a Memo to all of us in my office regarding this World Economic Fair which is being held across the street from my office. Security is going to be so tight, you must have I.D., streets will be closed to vehicles, blah blah blah inconvenient, blah blah blah.

BUT THEN, I hear on the news this morning that some people expected to attend, "Elton John, Alec Baldwin, and U2'S BONO!!!!!!!!"WHOO HOO!!

I kinda thought he might be there because of his involvement in all the third world debt and other financial thingies. So, barring security my eyes will be PEELED for my husband....er.... Bono.
biggrin.gif

On another note, I had a dream last night that Adam was a collector of Nazi/Third Reich memorabilia
confused.gif
I felt really bad when I woke up too, cuz I love Adam. I hate my brain
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Originally posted by u2loopy:
On another note, I had a dream last night that Adam was a collector of Nazi/Third Reich memorabilia
confused.gif
I felt really bad when I woke up too, cuz I love Adam. I hate my brain
rolleyes.gif

Sorry sweetie...didn't see that one coming! *lol* That's a little...odd. S'ok. I once had a dream that I saw Edge at A Canadian Tire store cause he was trying to buy one of those little round floation devoces so that he could install a whirlpool in his backyard...THAT was weird. Esp. cause he was wearing purple pants w/ green polka dotas...*shudders*

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

Sorry sweetie...didn't see that one coming! *lol* That's a little...odd. S'ok. I once had a dream that I saw Edge at A Canadian Tire store cause he was trying to buy one of those little round floation devoces so that he could install a whirlpool in his backyard...THAT was weird. Esp. cause he was wearing purple pants w/ green polka dotas...*shudders*

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's weird! I had a dream once that I was at the beach and I saw all 4 of them rollerblading by me so I went after them in my rollerblades and like we rollerbladed around the beach....they were all just wearing these little shorts too lmao
biggrin.gif

------------------
b0280.gif

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 01-29-2002).]

the only dream i ever had was of a picture of Adam.

I don't think it really counts.

On the same night, though, my husband had a dream that when he was trying to get into a bar and pulled out his ID, it was actually Gwen Stefani's ID.

weird.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
the only dream i ever had was of a picture of Adam.

I don't think it really counts.
<--OF COURSE IT DOES!!! IT'S ADAM!!!
biggrin.gif

On the same night, though, my husband had a dream that when he was trying to get into a bar and pulled out his ID, it was actually Gwen Stefani's ID.

hmmm...does hubbie happen tobe reeeeally in touch with his feminine side, elizabeth?? LOL!

Hey Loopy, where do you work anyway?

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-29-2002).]

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

I once had a dream that I saw Edge at A Canadian Tire store cause he was trying to buy one of those little round floation devoces so that he could install a whirlpool in his backyard...THAT was weird. Esp. cause he was wearing purple pants w/ green polka dotas...*shudders*
*LMAO*
Waste of an Edge dream, I s'pose, but Canadian Tire would jump on that in a second -- that doofus broadcaster guy interviewing Edge about his whirlpool, and Edge gets to be deadpan...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
in memoriam
Peter Gzowski (1934-2002)

He set my feet upon a rock
made my footsteps firm

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's weird! I had a dream once that I was at the beach and I saw all 4 of them rollerblading by me so I went after them in my rollerblades and like we rollerbladed around the beach....they were all just wearing these little shorts too lmao
biggrin.gif

BUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

U2 in teeny tiny bicycle shorts!!!!

loopy, that's so cool...you better share all the details!
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

If you take a pic of him post it here!
biggrin.gif

Bless Bono's beautiful heart! (Beautiful rest of him too)

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Hey Loopy, where do you work anyway?

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-29-2002).]

I work on Lexington and 51st Street. The Hotel is on 52nd Street. I brought my camera with me today JUST IN CASE!! But I think it's a long shot. There are about (no kidding) 3,000 cops all over the place. I was stopped by 2 officers today just trying to get to work. (Not that I minded that much
biggrin.gif
)

But, I must say the fact that I know BONO is across the street from me makes me
mad.gif
because I know there is probably no possible way I could get to meet him. I can't really leave my job and stand out there all day to wait for him!

But, I'm scanning EVERY person's face that walks by me looking for him that I'm getting dizzy! The security for this Forum should hire me!!

------------------

That's neat but frustrating. Luck be with you Loopy.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I just read on one of the mailing list that Bono, Edge and Larry were seen getting off a plane at JFK airport in NY by a fan picking up his cousin. They were all talking on cell phones and Adam was not there, not even the cardboard one! They're in NY so look for them. I know we will hear about Bono on the news with his wordly good work!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I work on Lexington and 51st Street. The Hotel is on 52nd Street.

Is it the Hilton New York Hotel on 7th Ave between 52nd & 53rd?

I have actually stayed at that hotel ... I will also be there at the beginning of March for a business trip ...

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Be on alert girls- this is underway now and Bono will be there! I am seeing pics coming up on the wires but none of him yet. If you have one let us see it.

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Be on alert girls- this is underway now and Bono will be there! I am seeing pics coming up on the wires but none of him yet. If you have one let us see it.

My goodness, you should see it down here. There is absolutely NO WAY I could get anywhere near the hotel unless I was invisible. There has to be about 50 officers on each corner and a billion Secret Service Men. The only benefit about this whole thing is that the walk to work everyday is delightful
biggrin.gif
(I love cops). Oh, and Bono is across the street from me!!!

Well, I've got my camera with me, we'll see what happens on my lunch hour!!

------------------

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
Is it the Hilton New York Hotel on 7th Ave between 52nd & 53rd?

Nope, it's the Waldorf Astoria. Lexington is about 4 blocks east of 7th Aven.

------------------

You're that close to him, I can't stand it! I wish you a close encounter of the Bono kind, keep us posted!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Hey all, this from @U2: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1924

On another note, the weather here has been so crappy and drizzly (is that a word???) and I've been walking all around the city looking for Bono TO NO AVAIL!
mad.gif
Plus, the cops keep stopping me (I don't look that threatening, maybe it's because I'm looking frantically chanting, "Bono? Bono? is that you? Bono??). I don't think I will be able to see him, BUT I will persevere!!!!

Wish me luck on my lunch hour today.

------------------

Good luck Loopy! If you score we all score because you'll bring us the pics and the scoop! Go for it!
smile.gif

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Good luck, Loopy! It must be so frustrating to be there -- faraway, so close.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-01-2002).]

Okay I found 3 pics of him here- kind of blurry vidcaps but it's all I could find!

wef03.jpg

wef02.jpg

wef01.jpg

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

*Bono Fuzzies*

It looks like he had to wear a security badge with his picture on it ... security must be really tight. I wonder if his piccie is as bad as my drivers license photo? I tend to get that "deer in the headlights" look on my license photos.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Okay I found 3 pics of him here- kind of blurry vidcaps but it's all I could find!

wef03.jpg

wef02.jpg

wef01.jpg

I think, I THINK, he's wearing an American Flag pin on the lapel of his shirt????

I am soooo proud
biggrin.gif
Now if only I could find him
mad.gif

------------------

I need stupid real player 1 to see that. My mom wont buy it!

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Thanks Gina! That's a great one!!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Another-believe it or not, this is at the WEF.

2 Bonos are better than 1!

3556851781.jpg

WHAAAAT???? But I didn't see that! Did they cut it out???
frown.gif

<-------is now known as "the crazy kid who stayed up all night to watch Bono on the World Economics Forum" at school. Hehehehe...my History teach is even gonna give me a chance fer some extra credit if I do a report on Bono's Dropt the Debt work!
biggrin.gif

btw...thanks fer the pic Gina!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

Back
Top Bottom