Will Mysterious Ways get her hips and passion back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlpanic

Babyface
I'm sorry to say but since the 360-Tour MW has become repetative and bland..

Not only is the slide-solo missing, the lack of it is also making Bono do the song on auto-pilot. It's just a verse-chorus-verse-chorus song now instead of a swaying adventure it always was!
And why is the slide solo so important?
1. It gives the song really it's "fat hips", makes it sway and
2. Fires up Bono to go full-throttle and therefore the song "slides" into a beautiful climax.

Here's some proof how Bono can really go out of his mind in the song..
What a fantastic crescendo around 6:07.. and then that yell..!!
See how again Edge reacts to that: he is dancing and shaking his ass off Like Chubby Checker with a guitar!

I was there that night and I remember my jaw practically dropping by this passionate version. :drool:

One of the best versions ever with Bono going completely bonkers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPC1khLhu8c

360 wasn't bad. Didn't enjoy the Vancouver performances of it on this tour but thought it was a bit better in San Jose. You're right though, it was UNREAL on Zoo TV

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

totally agree with what you're saying, but for whatever crazy reason they've decided to omit the slide solo, there's o way they will go back on it.

totally agree with what you're saying, but for whatever crazy reason they've decided to omit the slide solo, there's o way they will go back on it.

As far as I can tell when U2 decide to do songs they have played on a previous tour they always seem to go to the last tour for inspiration on how they played it. Almost never on how they played it originally. Like the pop in the DVD of the last tour to see how they played it. And since they dropped the slide solo on the 360 version it gets dropped again on this tour's version.

Oddly enough U2 seems to be a band that forgets how to play their songs between tours and has to relearn them come the next tour. I remember a Bono interview in 1984 where he actually says that Edge had to relearn their old songs prior to the start of their new tour.

Yes...... Until we are successful.

Yeah, because U2 is going to read all our posts here. :doh:

You've got a better chance if you post on FB, Twitter, or Instagram.

That said, the slide solo is not on the album version and that is the version they seem to be going after in recent years. I posted my thoughts on that in the other thread so I won't bother repeating them. I'm happy with MW as long as it's in the set, so no complaints outta me! :sexywink:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Hope they drop this out of the set for something like Numb, Playboy Mansion, Gone, or The Fly or anything really. It'll be played every night of this tour, though.
I've never liked the studio version, only the ZooTV and Popmart versions. Now that they've tried sounding like the studio version, it's garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom