Why do you think this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jessica didn't refuse to meet the president and lobby him - she refused to appear at a GOP fund-raiser! There's a huge difference. Bono has met with the president, but has never appeared at a GOP fund-raiser.

I can't believe I just defended Jessica Simpson. I think my head just exploded!

It's OK diamond :hug: she still loves Dubya

people.com

Jessica Simpson stuck to business when she appeared Thursday at a Capitol Hill news conference to support Operation Smile, a group that fixes facial deformities for underprivileged kids.

The singer did not address her reported snub of President Bush at a major party fund-raiser scheduled for Thursday night, despite journalists shouting questions about the issue. Instead Simpson merely said, "I am here to support Operation Smile. That is the purpose of my trip."

As for why she decided not to attend the fund-raiser, Joe Simpson, Jessica's father and manager, told the Associated Press, "When it became obvious that it was not just a state dinner, it was more of a fundraising event, that is the wrong purpose of why we are here."

Of President Bush, Joe Simpson added, "We are huge fans of him and of his family, his girls. Jessica loves the heck out of him."

Gdub & Jessica......combined, they can make for a pretty nice IQ.

sorry. had to say it. :reject: :wink:

I find it interesting nobody has looked at one other statistic here...

About 45 percent of Republicans said they were very happy, compared with 30 percent of Democrats. Republicans have been happier in surveys going back to 1972, the Pew study notes.

Forty-three percent of people who attend religious services weekly or more say they're very happy) compared to 26 percent of those who go seldom or never. The Pew analysis does not answer the question of how religion, Republicanism and happiness might be related, however.

In either case, more than half are unhappy.

Melon

melon said:
I find it interesting nobody has looked at one other statistic here...

In either case, more than half are unhappy.

Melon

Well all I can say is that it is not rocket science that Republican youth usually seem to be a little bit more industrious, more disciplined, more entrepreneural and less self absorbed than their counter parts, hence Republicans appear less miserable some would assume as a hole.

Thane
Stanjonovicjh

thane said:

Well all I can say is that it is not rocket science that Republican youth usually seem to be a little bit more industrious, more disciplined, more entrepreneural and less self absorbed than their counter parts, hence Republicans appear less miserable some would assume as a hole.

Thane
Stanjonovicjh

That's some interesting science you've been studying there.:huh:

Especially the less self absorbed.

Oh how I enjoy alters...

Last edited:
So someone who's disciplined, industrious, and not self-absorbed is happy, and someone who is otherwise is not.
I still say happiness is too intangible to be measured by any standard.

verte76 said:
So someone who's disciplined, industrious, and not self-absorbed is happy, and someone who is otherwise is not.

Perhaps chances are better for happiness if you follow this model.

db9
:)

thane said:

And it looks like conservatives are just as reliant on sweeping stereotypes as ever.

Melon

Did diamond rate this 5 stars? :wink:

And why do I think that Joe Simpson and GWB were separated at birth? Oh well, at least W doesn't make creepy inappropriate comments about his daughters' looks and breasts.

Last edited:
thane said:

Thane
Stanjonovicjh

:ohmy: Where to begin..?

thane said:

\

i've got some pompous, lazy, wealthy, self-indulgent, silver-spoon-up-the-ass-yet-i-deserve-everything-that-was-given-to-me Republican youth for you to meet.

I thought it was a riot that she went to Capitol Hill with her hairdresser in tow. She borrowed that demure outfit she wore because the dress she was going to wear ripped-they actually reported that on some show I was watching last night.

demamer.com

"Clearly, the NRCC has been spoiled by the likes of Bono, who would gladly show up to a Girl Scout bake sale if it meant a chance to talk about his favorite subjects, Third World debt and the fact that U2 is the "greatest band in the world." Now, please excuse us while we attend to the unsettling, alien emotions and accompanying hot flashes associated with our newly-developing respect for Jessica Simpson, whose teasingly insensitive on-again, off-again games are even more entertaining when played with President Bush than they were with Nick Lachey."

Irvine511 said:

i've got some pompous, lazy, wealthy, self-indulgent, silver-spoon-up-the-ass-yet-i-deserve-everything-that-was-given-to-me Republican youth for you to meet.

i think that statement cuts both ways...

db9

sorry if I've missed something, but if the only measure they use of "happy" is how happy someone rates themselves on a single question...it can mean *anything* from yes, being a republican I am happy (compared to the democrat) because my party controls everything (while dem's do not) to yes, being a republican I am happy because it is part of my political philosophy that people oughta quit complaining and just do what they need to and shut up, etc...
It's really uninterpretable without the whole survey for context, and even then...

I'm pissed at the comments about Bono appearing at republican party fundraisers, seriously...I assume he has NOT, and I think this asshole Forti guy should issue an statement indicating he was wrong.
Good for her to blow them off, what a shitty little ploy from the dubya camp, blech.
cheers!

Irvine511 said:
Republicans tend not to be bothered by things like war, lack of health care, gross income inequality, discrimination on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, the wanton consumption of natural resources, the destruction of the environment, the homogenization of culture, global AIDS, torture, and other such things.

indeed, you miss too much these days if you stop to think.
Quite the contrary any self respecting Right Wing Death Beast revels in such activities and practices.

Generally we are most happy that the left is unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom