Why do we like the 80's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I would like some insight on whay do people tend to like the 80s above any other decade, even though is the decade they all want to erase from their memories...

do you like the 80s?.... tell us (me) why...

:)

PS: College project :|

Because the 80s didn't have any disco or grunge.

Also, because an actor is the best kind of politician there can be. Maybe he lies, but we sure feel good about it.

Crowded House! :drool:

I think the 80s in America where a time where growth seemed possible and war wasn't imminent. It seemed like a quiet, but good time for our country.

I also grew up in the 80's. There was just something so cool about the 80's music and movies. It was a really fun time to grow up, before much of the angst of the early 90s with war and grunge music.

The totally awesome hair!

hair12.jpg
hair9.jpg

hair7.jpg
hair2a.jpg

:happy:

My music with artists who have stood the test of time.
I met my husband, went to school in Manhattan and graduated from high school and college. No responsibilities...life was good then.:wink:

I fell in love with my favorite group that has lasted till now.

What was bad about the 80's? Can someone tell me? :confused:

The music was good and sometimes cheesy, but for the most part still fairly popular.

Movies were so far out there in the 80's they can't help but be good

And the H-A-I-R...:drool: I wish I still had my mullet...:sad:

one4u2 said:
Duran Duran :drool:

:drool:

cube-arty-photo.gif

I think the 80s were also filled to the gills with crap and gloss. A lot of good stuff, and good music, got overshadowed as a result.

But it did usher in Alvin and the Chipmunks...I loved those guys :heart:

The 80's was a decade long party. Everything was so fun and crazy. It was before everything (movies, music, etc) just became all too real and serious in the 90's.

Oh and Hoggle, if she kisses you I'll turn you into a prince...of the Bog of Stench! Mwahahahaha!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom