Who's the best comedian you've seen live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoy this type of thing. I find some non knock knock jokes to be hilarious

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Desi Arnaz
Desi Arnaz who?
Desi Arnaz Jr

Knock Knock
Who's there?
JFK
JFK who?
JFK jr

They're so fucking terrible that they make me laugh

The Anti-Joke website is fun if you don't mind how often it strolls into REALLY dark territory.

Wright is far and away my favorite comic. I'd love to catch his act someday.

Yeah, Andy Kaufman is pretty much the definition of it.

Here's a clip of Lessons With Luis

Lessons With Luis Raw Comedy 2012 - YouTube

I enjoy this type of thing. I find some non knock knock jokes to be hilarious

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Desi Arnaz
Desi Arnaz who?
Desi Arnaz Jr

Knock Knock
Who's there?
JFK
JFK who?
JFK jr

They're so fucking terrible that they make me laugh

Make sure you see Sam Simmons at Just for Laughs.

I got to see George Carlin several years before he passed away. Either the late 90s or early 2000s. I'll have to dig up a ticket stub. This was at the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles. He was the best! Saw Robin Williams there at another time too. Pretty damn funny. That tour later became an HBO special.

I've just seen the guy a week ago, his name is Jochem Meijer. A dutch comedian.

He is a guy with the so called Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder.
Problem was that 3 years ago after having 3 hugely successful tours in Holland,
he got a tumor in his neck. Had to go and get surgery and became paralyzed for about a year.

He filled up his show talking about getting the tumor, what went through his mind before maybe dying. (Risk of the operation was huge,
the most hilarious hospital anecdotes, and being a paralyzed patient with ADHD.
Which in my opinion was the most moving and hilarious thing at the same time. Really stories, jokes and good show.

I've watched a couple Brian Regan specials. He has some funny moments, but they always seemed few and far between to me.

Saw Anthony Jeselnik Thursday, Sarah Silverman last night, and Bill Burr tonight. Awesome start to the festival

I do want to see him. I'll try to reserve a show when I get my next credit back

Finished up the Just for Laughs festival last night with an Andy Kindler hosted alt comedy night. I thought this year wouldn't be as good as last year - and it wasn't - but it came really close. Hannibal Burress was there last night, which was awesome because it was a tiny venue (same one Louis CK showed up to last year). We also went to the Bren Weinbach show earlier in the night. I only knew him from the small bit he did at the end of Moshe Kasher's special on Netflix (watch it. It's hilarious). Everyone we saw throughout the week and a bit was amazing, but Weinbach was the only one to make me cry from laughing so hard. He wins the festival for me this year. This is who we saw

Anthony Jeselnik
Sarah Silverman (She was even funnier than I thought she'd be. And daddy likey)
Andy Kindler
Bill Burr - he was the one I was looking forward to most and didn't disappoint
Brent Weinbach
Hannibal Buress
Jerrod Carmichael
John Mulaney - didn't know any of this guy's stuff and he ended up being one of the best
Marc Maron
Maria Bamford
K Trevor Wilson

If you didn't do the festival this year or last, you should do it next year.

Sorry Cobbo, Sam Simmons was done by the time I had credits to use :(

Oh, and it's not part of the festival, but I'm going to see John motherfucking Cleese tonight :hyper:

I really enjoyed it. It was a sort of verbal memoir style show. He spoke about his life and work. Had a video screen with photos and clips and whatnot. All done with the classic Cleese snide humour. The tour itself is called Last Time to See Me Before I Die. It was a lot of fun

Maybe JT got into an argument with him. Or perhaps it was just contradiction.

no I didn't

That's kind if a similar show to the one I saw from Martin Short last year, except he came out and did a lot of his famous characters. Unfortunately Clifford was not one of them.

Finished up the Just for Laughs festival last night with an Andy Kindler hosted alt comedy night. I thought this year wouldn't be as good as last year - and it wasn't - but it came really close. Hannibal Burress was there last night, which was awesome because it was a tiny venue (same one Louis CK showed up to last year). We also went to the Bren Weinbach show earlier in the night. I only knew him from the small bit he did at the end of Moshe Kasher's special on Netflix (watch it. It's hilarious). Everyone we saw throughout the week and a bit was amazing, but Weinbach was the only one to make me cry from laughing so hard. He wins the festival for me this year. This is who we saw Anthony Jeselnik Sarah Silverman (She was even funnier than I thought she'd be. And daddy likey) Andy Kindler Bill Burr - he was the one I was looking forward to most and didn't disappoint Brent Weinbach Hannibal Buress Jerrod Carmichael John Mulaney - didn't know any of this guy's stuff and he ended up being one of the best Marc Maron Maria Bamford K Trevor Wilson If you didn't do the festival this year or last, you should do it next year. Sorry Cobbo, Sam Simmons was done by the time I had credits to use :(

Hannibal, Mulaney, and Bamford are three of my favorite stand ups working today. Did Mulaney do any bits about Delta airlines or Ice T?

LMP said:
Hannibal, Mulaney, and Bamford are three of my favorite stand ups working today. Did Mulaney do any bits about Delta airlines or Ice T?

He didn't do either of those. I really liked his Back to the Future bit. I need to watch some of his specials

I really enjoyed it. It was a sort of verbal memoir style show. He spoke about his life and work. Had a video screen with photos and clips and whatnot. All done with the classic Cleese snide humour. The tour itself is called Last Time to See Me Before I Die. It was a lot of fun

no I didn't

:up: Very cool.

Seeing comedians in small rooms with few people is always interesting. Sometimes they can be great because it allows for a more relaxed mood, and the comedian can genuinely interact with the crowd. I always feel bad for really good comedians who don't get the laughs/applause they deserve. You know the points in the shows where the applause is meant to come in (if they're good) and it sucks when the crowd doesn't deliver. Understandable, but as a big fan of comedy it's hard to watch. Australian audiences are notorious for this, particularly compared to American audiences (from what I've heard).

Saw a great show tonight in a small room with about 15-20 people, and some idiot up the back tried to make jokes during an audience participation bit, but the comedian had good responses. I won free tickets on Twitter, kinda wanna go back and pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom