Who else was at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe 25 years ago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I had been! What a fantastic show. That performance of MOTD is one of my favorite U2 moments of the 1980s. So beautiful.

Wish they would release the whole show. The footage here contains some of my all time favourite visuals of U2. It's gorgeous. Love the bit in Streets where Edge goes for a stroll out to the side of the stage.

Wish they would release the whole show. The footage here contains some of my all time favourite visuals of U2. It's gorgeous. Love the bit in Streets where Edge goes for a stroll out to the side of the stage.

I agree! My wish would be a 25th Anniversary edition Rattle and Hum blu-ray in 2013 loaded with extras including the full Sun Devil Stadium show. All that footage is sitting in some vault at Paramount and probably Dublin. Time to let it see the light of day.

U2 not only needs to release this, and other shows filmed during the R&H era, but also work on restoring and preserving that film footage. It's pretty much the only opportunity we'll ever have to see any U2 concert material prior to 360 in HD, and for that reason (aside from the musical merits), it's important and historically significant.

While Vertigo was shot in HD and will probably see an HD release one day, every other U2 concert prior to 360 was shot on SD video, and in the future will look even worse than those shows already do on modern television sets.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen more R&H era stuff is because the film itself probably hasn't been cared for and preserved the way it should, along with the rights to the film (and hours of associated footage) being with Paramount.

It's pretty much the only opportunity we'll ever have to see any U2 concert material prior to 360 in HD, and for that reason (aside from the musical merits), it's important and historically significant

Good point. Yikes. I hope that U2 haven't skipped over an R&H remaster box set entirely, because that may be the only likely opportunity.

Rattle and hum has already been released on blu ray i have it at home.

Rattle and Hum I think was my first ever Blu-ray purchase, before I even owned a player to play it on! :wink:

Rose Bowl looked amazing on Blu-ray. There was no comparison with the DVD of the same. They really need to update and release more shows in Blu-ray.

Good point. Yikes. I hope that U2 haven't skipped over an R&H remaster box set entirely, because that may be the only likely opportunity.

Assuming U2 can release footage off the Rattle and Hum live shows. Doesn't Paramount own the rights ?

^I think we've discussed this before, and it's not clear. The fact that U2 had outtake footage on From the Sky Down makes me think that Paramount only bought the film, not the outtakes. After all, there was a live video of One Tree Hill from Tempe on the Best Of videocassette, and I'm pretty sure there was no "licensed from Paramount" message on the tape.

But, just one question that I keep asking myself from a couple of years, if that is stuff located in some vault around dublin or in the Paramount warehouses, how the hell do we have ALL the outtakes and even PROSHOT footage from Tempe? That just drives me crazy.
I really ask for enlightenment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYaK6xVBgRQ

So awesome to see new songs from the perspective of the Rattle and Hum movie, which I grew up watching 20 years ago. While this version of "Exit" doesn't top the one that ended up in the movie, it's still very powerful and it's a crime that this was the last time this song was ever performed live!

Amazing, thank you for uploading these. Such power and grit in these songs. Would be great to see another one of the darker songs like Exit to add a bit of contrast to the uplifting motivational speaker seminar vibe of shows these days.

Where are you getting these from???

Would love higher quality/DVD versions. What else do you have??? I can make it worth your while.

Wasn't the audio from the Denver "soundboard" (Mountains and Desert) sourced from a long rumoured proshot? Grail stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My dad was there. Still tells me stories about it, so unbelievably jealous.

Always wondered. Did it really snow at these shows?

From the looks of the MLK segment it looks like it did but was never sure.

Back
Top Bottom