Which Super-Deluxe CD re-release would you be MOST excited about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
I read somewhere regarding the super-deluxe remastered Joshua Tree that Paul McGuinness hinted they would be doing the same thing "with their entire catalogue over the next few years".
If that is true, what would be the one CD Super Deluxe re-release you would most be excited for?
(i.e.: cd / bonus b sides & demos cd / concert & doc dvd.)

For my money, i would love see one for POP in similar packaging to the 3 disc joshua tree.
Zooropa would be pretty amazing as well.

Any of the 90s albums... but All You Can't Leave Behind would be good to see redone as well, but after more time has passed from that album since it is so recent. I would just like to hear more of the demos from that session.

They need to re-record Achtung Baby. I don't know how much it would help to just remaster it.

I think Boy and War would benefit the most.

phillyfan26 said:
They need to re-record Achtung Baby. I don't know how much it would help to just remaster it.

:up: Agreed. An AB remastering that actually helped would be drool-worthy. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:

Well, I like the album, I just think it could have been so much better. I'm no Axver on the subject, anyway. :wink:

Same. Another 6 months of mixing, mastering, and kicking around ideas would have yielded some incredible results.

phillyfan26 said:

I think Boy and War would benefit the most.
re-record achtung baby???????

what a mad statement!!!remaster yes! not re-record come on!!

MrBrau1 said:
Really?

2 people are calling for the "re-recording" of Achtung Baby.

Really?

Do you not think it would benefit? You don't think it would help to hear the guitar during the Zoo Station chorus, or the EBTTRT riff, or at all in TTTYAATW? You don't think cleaning up the second half of The Fly would do it some good? You don't think sharpening the UTEOTW outro would help it out?

Pfft, let's not waste time with Achtung. Boy is where it's at. It would have a shitload of bonus tracks from all the early demos and b-sides, and the video is guaranteed to be energetic and awesome.

manwiththespinninhead said:

re-record achtung baby???????

what a mad statement!!!remaster yes! not re-record come on!!

Yeah P-Funk, you're totally off base here with your opinion. You make people angry, and possibly confused.

Achtung Baby will probably be the best out of what's left (unless they decide to come out with a Lovetown DVD - or, dare I say it, a Phil Joanu directed JT show ? - for Rattle and Hum re-release), though I'm less interested in all the remasters as time goes on.

Rattle & Hum. For the DVD alone.

Boy will also kick ass though.

phillyfan26 said:

Do you not think it would benefit? You don't think it would help to hear the guitar during the Zoo Station chorus, or the EBTTRT riff, or at all in TTTYAATW? You don't think cleaning up the second half of The Fly would do it some good? You don't think sharpening the UTEOTW outro would help it out?

For once, I agree with Brau. Achtung Baby is a masterpiece. It needs a remastering, but there is no way in hell you re-record parts of that. Besides, with remastering it might bring out certain parts of songs better anyway.

Screwtape2 said:
The Unforgettable Fire. It seemed to be a really creative period with amazing soundscapes. Some of the Unforgettable Fire demo versions are spectacular. A remixed Promenade, 4th of July and Elvis Presley & America wouldn't be too bad either. :wink:

I also vote for Unforgettable Fire. A remaster of this sonically brilliant album would be enough for me, let alone any extras that come with it.

I vote for Rattle and Hum because of the DVD - a directors cut with new material directed by Joneau would be great :drool:

Achtung Baby is the obvious choice. I agree that it could stand some remastering. Re record it? No way. The main thing I love about the special editions though is the bonus tracks. My concern with Achtung Baby is that we would get alot of stuff we already have from the Hansa Sessions bootleg. I want to hear stuff we have never heard period before like we get with Joshua Tree. If it was all new sounding stuff then this would be my pick for the one I'm looking forward too.

If it isnt much new, then I'm on board for The Unforgettable Fire. Problem here is they didnt record a whole lot of bonus material for this album because they ran out of time. They used most of what was left supposedly on B sides. Still, it would be great to have a properly remastered version of this album and the DVD could be interesting. Would probably end up being the incomplete Dortmund broadcast that is widely available in the bootleg community.

Rattle And Hum, just for the potential DVD alone (Lovetown pro shot concert??? :drool: ). They supposedly recorded a ton of songs also during this time frame so there could be alot of bonus material. Maybe we would get the Sun Studios version of "She's A Mystery To Me" complete and in great quality.

The least interesting will probably be October. They used just about everything they recorded for the album so I think the bonus material would be limited. Plus, it their worst album to me. Although it could use remastering badly.

No matter what though, I will buy all of them! LOL :)

The Unforgettable Fire, Rattle & Hum, and War. Let's just round out that wonderful 5 year album release period.

Blue Room said:
The least interesting will probably be October. They used just about everything they recorded for the album so I think the bonus material would be limited.

Yeah, if you're putting Is That All? on the album and using something as sketchy as J. Swallow as the only b-side, the cupboard must be pretty bare. Given the short recording time, I'd be skeptical that there would even be much in the way of notably different demos. I just hope they have recordings of When I Fall Down, Father Is An Elephant, and Carry Me Home from the Boy Tour that are of releasable quality (as they appeared after Boy's release and there's already plenty of demos to flesh out a Boy bonus disc, I think they'd be better placed on October).

Back
Top Bottom