whats bono like in person?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Met the whole band at a special fundraiser party at a hotel in San Francisco a day before the beginning of the Amnesty International tour in 1986.

Paid $150 to get on the guest list. Um, yeah, it was worth it.

Sting was there, Bryan Adams, Joan Baez, etc.

Everyone crowded around Sting and Bryan Adams.

About 6 girls crowded around Bono. Edge, Adam and Larry were ignored.

Lucky me.

I hung out with Adam and Edge for about 30 minutes, chatting about everything. They seemed very laid back, a bit shy even.

Had them sign four of my U2 posters and a photo. Bono asked me if I worked at a record store.

I asked him for a good name for my new band. He looked at the kid next to me and asked her what time it was. She said, "7:15".
Bono said, "OK, '7:15', that's the name of your new band".

What a cool dude.

Re: Re: Meeting Bono in Boston

sweetie said:

Ooooo..any scoops would be appreciated.

:hyper: :hyper: yes yes....I would apprecite it too...going to be in boston for the May 28th show...and would love to stalk..........errrr...*ahem...see the new hotel:shifty:

Re: Re: Re: Meeting Bono in Boston

Dismantled said:

:hyper: :hyper: yes yes....I would apprecite it too...going to be in boston for the May 28th show...and would love to stalk..........errrr...*ahem...see the new hotel:shifty:

:lol: I took the entire week off of work so I can shuffle around Boston and possibly stumble across them accidentally on purpose.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Meeting Bono in Boston

sweetie said:

:lol: I took the entire week off of work so I can shuffle around Boston and possibly stumble across them accidentally on purpose.

:drool: :drool: :drool: they probably won't be too hard to find in Btown...:drool:

How do you know where they're staying? Is it listed somewhere??? Not that it's any of my business but would think it would be "top secret" information....curious nonetheless.

Good Luck

I will be too. That week in May will be u2 frenzie....or more like...a BONO frenzy. I love that man! I cannot wait to see the u2 plane fly over my apartment when they come to Boston!!!! They ususally arrive a day early for the concert, right? Does anyone know this?

Jeez Louise! Its going to be mad! Thats why I took the week off. Everyone I work with thinks I'm nuts. I don't care :tsk: I want to take complete advantage of this.

I wonder where (or even if) Bono will venture out on the town on his "off" nights for a little nite life.

Bono will be with me on his nights off...

Partying with the rest of the band at my apartment south of Boston...right on the water. I can see the Boston skyline from my balcony....

I will share him with you all, I guess. But, it will be hard.

OH, AND THEN I WOKE UP!!!!!:madspit: :drool: :wink:

Sweetie,

You stick with me, and you WILL MEET HIM. I have great luck and I know Boston and where he hangs out.

Look your best....because you are going to see some Irish Rock Stars baby!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :wink: :D

I met him twice and I met Adam and Edge.....we will meet again......:wink:

Cool.....

Stake out the Fleet Center early the day of the concerts, they go there for dress rehearsal and Bono will definitely come out and sign autographs, etc.

I am going to that concert as well. We should meet up. My friend is a Larry lover...but I love Bono.

I will share him with you.....:wink: :tongue:

Delphine said:
Sweetie,

You stick with me, and you WILL MEET HIM. I have great luck and I know Boston and where he hangs out.

Look your best....because you are going to see some Irish Rock Stars baby!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :wink: :D

I met him twice and I met Adam and Edge.....we will meet again......:wink:

:bow: You wouldn't tease a girl would ya??

Look my best??:shifty: I'll manage something.

No, I wouldn't tease a girl...

You stick with me, and you will meet him. My friend and I are going on a 24-hour BONO WATCH. We will find him. You just have to act cool and calm when you meet him. I know it is hard but if I can do it, you can. He is quite gorgeous and even more sexy in person. I will try not to jump his bones.....yum. I hope the wives are not around, then they will hang out at bars and meet up with fans, etc. They are very accessible in Boston...they love it here.

Re: Cool.....

Delphine said:
Stake out the Fleet Center early the day of the concerts, they go there for dress rehearsal and Bono will definitely come out and sign autographs, etc.

I am going to that concert as well. We should meet up. My friend is a Larry lover...but I love Bono.

I will share him with you.....:wink: :tongue:

I have seats for 5/24 so I was thinking of heading in early to try to get close for the sound check. Did you say you were going to that one? If so we should meet! My husband is meeting me later so I'm FREE!! LOL!!

I don't mind sharing either. :wink: At this point I would settle for a thumb. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom