What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

:shh: that's why i dropped by this thread too.

Oooh! and he who wins gets crowned "The Biggest Prick!" :D

C'mon -- line up boys!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You may want to check out your last few stints in FYM. Last time you were here you said we ALL need to grow up.

Yep. And? Every time someone says something that's against the mob in here, they get jumped on by the mob. What's the point of any of your posts in this thread other than to attack me? Where the hell did Unico come from and why? How many times has a person with a disenting opinion on FYM ever been treated respectfully or cordially? All I see is them getting called down by the mob saying their opinions are stupid or getting these:

:censored: :laugh: :rolleyes: :shocked: :slant: :coocoo: :yuck: :crazy: :yikes:

And yet at the same time demanding that we who disagree do not get frustrated, calm down and deal respectfully with you (general you and you specfically since you are one of the worst offenders).

So yeah, ALL of you (and by ALL I meant those of you resort to these junior high tactics and you know that, but it's easier for you to paint it thusly) need to grow up.

And most ironically of all, it's from a group of people who's liberal ideology preaches freedom of speech and tolerance above all.

Snowlock said:

How many times has a person with a disenting opinion on FYM ever been treated respectfully or cordially? All I see is them getting called down by the mob saying their opinions are stupid or getting these:

:censored: :laugh: :rolleyes: :shocked: :slant: :coocoo: :yuck: :crazy: :yikes:

Let me tell you, I've gotten a lot of that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are some (some, not all) people in here that just cannot stand the fact I'm a conservative.

unico said:

it's not that i'm not backing it up. i just said you go ahead and look because i don't feel like sifting through all your posts. it is there. i've got nothing to hide. i don't recall the thread but it was definitely in FYM.

i don't think i've ever heard this phunk phorce remix :hmm:

Yeah it is that you're not backing it up. If I said that, and you felt strongly enough to publically denounce me for saying it, back it up. Or don't let your mouth (fingers) write checks...

How about this, point it out next time the mob does this and refer me back to this post and I will gladly tell you, you're correct.

Snowlock said:

Yeah it is that you're not backing it up. If I said that, and you felt strongly enough to publically denounce me for saying it, back it up. Or don't let your mouth (fingers) write checks...

no wonder you haven't heard of me! 21st century dude! we use check cards now. debit is the new black. haven't you seen the commercials?

2861U2 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are some (some, not all) people in here that just cannot stand the fact I'm a conservative.

Why would anyone not be able to stand the fact that you're a conservative? Face it, you've received a lot of flac because you have a hard time using facts, not because you are a conservative.

2861U2 said:

Let me tell you, I've gotten a lot of that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are some (some, not all) people in here that just cannot stand the fact I'm a conservative.

there are many intelligent conservative posters who have posted in here from time to time who are treated with much more respect than you, because they give it out beforehand *and* back up their assertions with thought and reason.

indra said:

Oooh! and he who wins gets crowned "The Biggest Prick!" :D

C'mon -- line up boys!

I'm gonna go get my special* lotion.

* Enlargement Lotion - instructions for use - apply generously, rub in vigorously. (money back guarantee)

2861U2 said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are some (some, not all) people in here that just cannot stand the fact I'm a conservative.

Wrong.

Here's the facts: FYM isn't about coming here and getting all of your opinions approved just because they're your opinions.

The reason that people react with such strong responses to your posts are because of a strong lacking in logic and reason.

That can be said for a number of people on the left and right in this forum.

Irvine511 said:

there are many intelligent conservative posters who have posted in here from time to time who are treated with much more respect than you, because they give it out beforehand *and* back up their assertions with thought and reason.

:yes:

2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Take an example from him of how to do it right (pun intended :wink: ), please.

I think when the democrats take over the white house posting here @ interference will decrease because we will all be too busy having sex with our robot dogs and doing drugs and cooking dinner for terrorists. Plus we'll all probably have to get to work on that bin Laden monument we've been looking to build. And then of course there's all the sicknesses well be trying to catch so that we can get treated for free - and by free I mean "let the rich pay for me". It's going to be a busy busy time. FYM will probably grow pretty silent. Mr. Pussy's, on the other hand, will probably be booming. :drool: And Out of Control too. Probably Dream Out Loud as well cause you know how those hippie liberals love to write poetry about sex with robot dogs and all that shit.

UberBeaver said:
I think when the democrats take over the white house posting here @ interference will decrease because we will all be too busy having sex with our robot dogs and doing drugs and cooking dinner for terrorists. Plus we'll all probably have to get to work on that bin Laden monument we've been looking to build. And then of course there's all the sicknesses well be trying to catch so that we can get treated for free - and by free I mean "let the rich pay for me". It's going to be a busy busy time. FYM will probably grow pretty silent. Mr. Pussy's, on the other hand, will probably be booming. :drool: And Out of Control too. Probably Dream Out Loud as well cause you know how those hippie liberals love to write poetry about sex with robot dogs and all that shit.

"Imagine a time in the not-too-distant future-December 24th, but instead of festive lights...roving gangs of children terrorize the city. They have zero respect for authority because whether a child is naughty or nice, everyone gets the same thing for Christmas: Jack Squat ... Does my vision of a world without Christmas sound too far-fetched? This is exactly the future Secul-azis want for your children and grandchildren." - Stephen Colbert, I Am America (And So Can You!)

DaveC said:

2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?

Well shoot :ohmy:

I leave to take an exam and this thread explodes!

I'm kind of left speechless for the moment. Let me go destress from my exam with some Mario Kart and I'll be back later.

Goodness gracious people.

Snowlock said:

Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?

Or it could be, I don't know, an example, maybe? Actually, it's not clear, you're right. Let's wait for DaveC to 'xplain himself.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I think we've had this conversation before. Ever hear of sarcasm? Judging by your response I'm guessing that you have.

Apparently next time more than a simple eye roll will be needed so that you get where I'm coming from.

I'm not sure I'll ever get where you're coming from.

Snowlock said:

it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.

I agree, and I know that I fall into the category of those that probably need to tone it down sometimes.

Irvine511 said:

But not, of course, when it's being used against you, then it's flaming.... right?

DaveC said:

I miss him. :(

Irvine511 said:

These people also invented the rectractable stadium roof. :sexywink:

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom