What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing the San Jose detailed layout is the stage floor plan. What it will look in a 3D presentation is the guess and I do not think any general "fan" has seen it yet.

It's going look like a stage with 4 middle aged guys on it, one with half a face.

jeg-es-devlin-2.jpg

Wish they gave us a teaser like they did with the 360 Tour showing pictures of how it was built before the tickets went on sale. If only I could see how the stage looks like to see if I should sell/exchange my tickets or keep them (L.A. lower level, section 123).

Bad enough the album has been overshadowed by the apple launch, now the stage looks a bit "ipodish" :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would highly doubt that the stage design would just be randomly tossed out there like that.

Secondly... the San Jose schematic was so detailed that if it wasn't the actual design, then what the hell was it?

While I can't say much more (because I don't want to get anyone in trouble), the San Jose setup is exactly the same as the requirements which have been passed to the Hydro in Glasgow.

There's a wee bit of an issue at the Hydro as the bowl isn't the longest, the stage fits but lets just say some people at the tip of the bowl will be getting a cracking view.

While I can't say much more (because I don't want to get anyone in trouble), the San Jose setup is exactly the same as the requirements which have been passed to the Hydro in Glasgow.

There's a wee bit of an issue at the Hydro as the bowl isn't the longest, the stage fits but lets just say some people at the tip of the bowl will be getting a cracking view.

Hopefully you a right, as I will be at the second Glasgow show!

My big prediction: the stage will feature a giant 3-D screen which would be cutting edge for live performance -- remember, these guys love to pioneer!! Hence the "Experience" part of the equation -- videos that bring you inside the story and the music and may well put the band members literally within reach of every seat in the house. Naming the Album "Songs of Experience" certainly may be the inspiration for the idea of upping the experience.

My big prediction: the stage will feature a giant 3-D screen which would be cutting edge for live performance -- remember, these guys love to pioneer!! Hence the "Experience" part of the equation -- videos that bring you inside the story and the music and may well put the band members literally within reach of every seat in the house. Naming the Album "Songs of Experience" certainly may be the inspiration for the idea of upping the experience.

Well they advertise the tour as something new and groundbreaking anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8vKXj6AET8

Groundbreaking....hrmmmmm.......I bet it would be easy to turn the floor of the stage into a big screen incorporated with the screen above them.

Thinking about how designer Jeg Dudley on his website mentions folding and collapsing tecnology as his strong suits, what if the entire length of stage was constantly moving in some fashing? Rolling hills, or peaks and valleys or expanding outwards randomely? They said ground breaking. An entire moving LED stage is ground breaking.

Last edited:
Since they are going residencies I could see them doing something pretty complex and time consuming since the effort will be with it with the stage being setup for a week or more at a time, Vancouver, Denver and Toronto the acceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think it's actually really poor form on their part that they haven't given us more info on the stage design. They don't have to give away any surprises but the general layout would be nice. Especially considering the insane price of resale tickets. I want to buy tickets for the second night in Vancouver and I'm willing to pay a pretty price but I want to know what the stage layout will be before I decide which tickets I get. Will there be a main stage? Will there be a B stage? Will it just be one big stage ala Metalica on their last tour? These things would be nice to know before mortgaging the future to get tickets.

Since they are going residencies I could see them doing something pretty complex and time consuming since the effort will be with it with the stage being setup for a week or more at a time, Vancouver, Denver and Toronto the acceptions.
They could have the stage set up in Vancouver for 2 weeks prior to the show for all we know.

Back
Top Bottom