What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much more of a reveal than this do you need ?

http://www.u2place.it/u2news/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/palaalpitouru2.jpg

Though not sure why Red Zone is drawn at what looks like a B-stage unless they are doing it the other way around and what we think is the B stage is actually the stage. Also, I wonder how they plan to set up the screens Billboard talked about a giant double-sided screen running above the stage. so that everyone will see, given they have a setup that runs across the full floor of the arena.

Was Red Zone pressed up against the main stage on 360? No. It was outside the outer ramp. So I don't know why people are expecting it to be pressed up against the main stage this time around...

And how will they set up the giant screens? Ummm... hang them from the fucking roof?

Was Red Zone pressed up against the main stage on 360? No. It was outside the outer ramp. So I don't know why people are expecting it to be pressed up against the main stage this time around...

And how will they set up the giant screens? Ummm... hang them from the fucking roof?

well, if i recall correctly, they had cars hanging from the roof last time i saw them at Bercy, so i guess anything is possible...

The stage should be called the 'cock and balls' cos that's what it looks like... though lacking some 'girth.'

113 at MSG is rear stage? Guess that's why my tix were cheap.....

Yeah I'm in section 111 and I only bought them because I saw the price of $86 and got so excited because I thought they were GAs. Then after I had already bought them i realized there has to be some catch for them to be so cheap. Oh well.

The stage should be called the 'cock and balls' cos that's what it looks like... though lacking some 'girth.'

Only those that have been to Portland will get this....but I'm getting hungry :drool:

6a00c2252678b38e1d00d09e56387dbe2b.jpg

So will there be an inner circle/ellipse/heart this time around? The current pictures we have don't seem to suggest so.

And on a related note, I wonder if there'll be a lottery system, or whether it'll be on a purely first come first serve basis. I hope it's the latter; I'd hate to have to line up all day only to see someone who showed up at 6 pm get in first on the lottery system.

So will there be an inner circle/ellipse/heart this time around? The current pictures we have don't seem to suggest so.

And on a related note, I wonder if there'll be a lottery system, or whether it'll be on a purely first come first serve basis. I hope it's the latter; I'd hate to have to line up all day only to see someone who showed up at 6 pm get in first on the lottery system.

It'll be like Metallica where GA can wander wherever they want during the show in the general GA area. Though it's unclear if moving from "Adam side" to "Edge Side" halfway during the show involves a trip up to the concourse or not.

Last tour? They're signed with Live Nation until 2020. If they all stay in good shape I think they have 1-2 after this.

This tour should go well into 2016 then they take a couple years off.

The band is aging... Bono and Larry have obvious physical problems...

Every tour should be thought of as possibly being the last one from here on out, until it's not.

This isn't the Who or the Stones. If one member can't continue, it's over.

Enjoy it while you can.

I think Bono was healthy after the 2010 surgery? I'm aware of his back issues from 2003-2009 and minor glaucoma. IMO, Bono shoul dbe close to 100% after the bike accident.

if Larry has issues in the future they can increase the number of acoustic songs. Other acts arrange set lists around the limitations of band members including Tool and iIon Maiden.

I've been hearing last tour rumours since Popmart - if not Rattle & Hum.

It'll be like Metallica where GA can wander wherever they want during the show in the general GA area. Though it's unclear if moving from "Adam side" to "Edge Side" halfway during the show involves a trip up to the concourse or not.

This tour should go well into 2016 then they take a couple years off.

I think Bono was healthy after the 2010 surgery? I'm aware of his back issues from 2003-2009 and minor glaucoma. IMO, Bono shoul dbe close to 100% after the bike accident.

if Larry has issues in the future they can increase the number of acoustic songs. Other acts arrange set lists around the limitations of band members including Tool and iIon Maiden.

I've been hearing last tour rumours since Popmart - if not Rattle & Hum.

It does look like there is little if no space between the B stage and the first row of reserved seats. It may be impossible to switch from Edge side to Adam side without hitting the concourse.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Playing in the round means they have their backs to half the arena at any given time. So do they keep changing which way they're facing or primarily stick to facing one side throughout the show?

I don't want to line up for GA all day to get close to the stage, only to find out I have to stare at their asses all night long.

They might be utilising the B stage more this time ?

Different tour, different stage. The band tend to spend more time on the main stage compared to the B stage so it would make sense to put the Red Zone there unless they intend to spend considerably more time on the B stage this time.

It would mean obstructed view for the seats - yet according to Turin map, those are the most expensive tix in the house. For all we know they might stick the screens on the floor along both sides of that narrow pathway between the two stages. If they're merely hung above each stage making sideways seats the priciest seems odd.

Voodoo Donuts!

Like they say in Portlandia -- "Put a cock on it."

Stage looks like a shit I took if we're being honest.

We won't know anything 100% until U2.com puts photos/animation up on their site. So... 2015.

Different tour, different stage. The band tend to spend more time on the main stage compared to the B stage so it would make sense to put the Red Zone there unless they intend to spend considerably more time on the B stage this time.

It would mean obstructed view for the seats - yet according to Turin map, those are the most expensive tix in the house. For all we know they might stick the screens on the floor along both sides of that narrow pathway between the two stages. If they're merely hung above each stage making sideways seats the priciest seems odd.

but why the fuck would you think, other than because you just want to create an argument, that the Red Zone, which in it's only other time of existence WAS NOT AGAINST THE MAIN STAGE, would now be against the main stage... because... it's a new tour? That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

and the billboard article talked of a long screen that went the length of the stage. which would make the side seats the better seats. which are also reflected in the pricing schemes, and which would be hung from the fucking roof like every other screen they've ever had in arenas.

and the billboard article talked of a long screen that went the length of the stage. which would make the side seats the better seats. which are also reflected in the pricing schemes, and which would be hung from the fucking roof like every other screen they've ever had in arenas.

Here, again, is the quote from Billboard:

U2's typically eye-popping video elements (as in the video cylinder that awed on 360) will have a giant double-sided screen running above the stage.​

Looking at this photo of MSG . . .
8C9483633-msg1.jpg

and this photo of SAP Center in San Jose . . .
cosmo-20130921200221.jpg

makes me wonder if U2 has been authorized to actually remove the center hung scoreboard temporarily for their string of shows (like they had to move the 60-yard screens at Cowboys Stadium for U2 360).

In some of these older arenas with relatively low ceilings, there may not be enough vertical space for two center-hung screens.

U2's typically eye-popping video elements (as in the video cylinder that awed on 360) will have a giant double-sided screen running above the stage.​

makes me wonder if U2 has been authorized to actually remove the center hung scoreboard temporarily for their string of shows (like they had to move the 60-yard screens at Cowboys Stadium for U2 360).

In some of these older arenas with relatively low ceilings, there may not be enough vertical space for two center-hung screens.

At least one of the US shows will be snug schedule fit with some NBA/NHL hockey playoff games. Not sure if any of these arenas have taken out the scoreboard for anybody. Venues like San Jose they raise it 20 feet higher for concerts than sports events.

Looking at this photo of MSG . . .
8C9483633-msg1.jpg

and this photo of SAP Center in San Jose . . .
cosmo-20130921200221.jpg

The scoreboards go up and down, can be raised tight against the roof or removed completely.

Case in point...

33343331_ceaaf0fe7e.jpg

The scoreboard is flush with the ceiling, clearing the view of the screens behind the stage.

MSG's scoreboard is bigger now, but I believe the bottom part can move up inside the upper ring.

Yup... Confirmed.

This is from one of Billy Joel's residence shows from this summer.

madison-square-garden.jpg

Damn, they wedged those 300/400 sections into the ceiling. Haven't been in the Garden since March 2013 when the renovation wasn't complete yet, and I was just off the floor anyway, so haven't really seen the fully reconfigured MSG yet. Most of the 200s look like the old 300s (although not as high up as Barclays Center's 200s) so $312 for those? Bah.

Some of those scoreboards are over $10mil. Do venues ever remove them?

1065+Nov.+01+17.57.jpg

So pointing to MSG again... you can see here, with the scoreboard down on the floor, that it's actually two pieces. The inner part can raise into the outer ring so that both pieces can be flush against the roof.

I'm sure U2's camp put a little thought into this and aren't going to show up for the concerts and realize that the stage and video screens don't fit...

[

I'm sure U2's camp put a little thought into this and aren't going to show up for the concerts and realize that the stage and video screens don't fit...

The messed up on 360 tour in Dallas and Barcelona. Did they have to crane over claw pieces over the side stands of a 3rd venue?

Dallas didn't have the orange spike/tower and Barcelona that had to remove some concrete walls in the tunnel to get the claw pieces inside the venue.

Inside Globen

pressbild_LG.jpg

The floor is very high up there, wont be able any problems to hang any screens there anyway.

The arena from the outside

globen1.jpg

but why the fuck would you think, other than because you just want to create an argument, that the Red Zone, which in it's only other time of existence WAS NOT AGAINST THE MAIN STAGE, would now be against the main stage... because... it's a new tour? That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I think I might have fallen in love with you for that post.

We've had our share of disagreements over the years but that post was SPOT. FUCKING. ON.

To The Shaft! 2015 or bust! :sexywink:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

The messed up on 360 tour in Dallas and Barcelona. Did they have to crane over claw pieces over the side stands of a 3rd venue?

Dallas didn't have the orange spike/tower and Barcelona that had to remove some concrete walls in the tunnel to get the claw pieces inside the venue.

Barcelona was the first night, and I'm sure they anticipated Dallas.

And this is not The Claw. This is The Shaft.

Hanging video screens from the roof is not that big an undertaking and is done all the time. I don't know why it would all of a sudden become an issue.

Barcelona was the first night, and I'm sure they anticipated Dallas.

And this is not The Claw. This is The Shaft.

Hanging video screens from the roof is not that big an undertaking and is done all the time. I don't know why it would all of a sudden become an issue.

you can have all the blueprints/compute software in the world but nothing is certain until the gear is in the venue.

I find the screen idea interesting but it's odd they know what's a "limited view" months before video structure has even been built. It's also unclear how scoreboards and varying sized(height & length) venues fit into the mix. Fans are left in the dark regarding sightlines and what exactly is going on with the double night set list pattern.

Back
Top Bottom