What songs do you predict will be on the NEXT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@nick66 props on the Boots= Jar Jar Binks reference. Bwahahaha.

I'm in agreement with much of what was said regarding Boots probably making a short return, Crazy making acoustic "Stunk in a Moment" type appearances, and MOS returning full force if they can create a context for it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Boots is treated like it never happened. When I downloaded the single and listened for the first few times I thought it was a joke. I thought iTunes sent me a fucked up version. I'm talking about mix quality. When I got passed that, I got to the dry heave inducing "you don't know..." And I was out. At that minute I'd decided this is the worst thing U2 had ever recorded. Somehow through the live versions I'd forgotten how bad it was.

Great points by all and Hello AX :wave: still great job on the website.

Nick wins on the Boots = Jar Jar Binks comment.

I hope that in the last 4 years one of the boys may have said Boots is such a terribly emberassing song that we will never ever play it again - in fact if we all close our eyes and pretend hard enough maybe we can think it never even happened.

MOS is such a great song, it would be a shame not to see it somewhere again but as everyone has said where would you put it? Maybe end of actual show going into the encore? Or maybe after the initial blast of the new songs? Thats really a tough one though but I will miss this gem if it isn't played.

Also Bad into 40 then house lights come on.... forever.

I dislike 40, especially as a closer.

Walk On on the Elevation tour was far and away their best closer. It was powerful and perfectly executed. The song itself was infinitely better than the neutered, masked version that was on 360.

Can't wrap my head around this - what do you have against 40? Both as a song and a closer? The studio version is pretty tame but the live version is exceptional.

Walk On's a great song, and was a good closer on Elevation, but "far and away their best closer"?

Nah. I honestly wouldn't even notice if U2 never played MOS again. I don't mean to slag it, but the song's neither here nor there to me - if they play it, whatever; if they don't, whatever.

^ Wow Ax I gotta disagree with you on that one, I find MOS maybe the best and most compelling song they have put together since ATYCLB. Also someone above mentioned Seconds - that would be a nice one to dust off.

Nah. I honestly wouldn't even notice if U2 never played MOS again. I don't mean to slag it, but the song's neither here nor there to me - if they play it, whatever; if they don't, whatever.

The studio version is pretty great in my opinion, but it was a bit of a dull show closer. I'm with you on Bad/40.

I love Moment of Surrender, definitely one of their best efforts of the 90s, but I don't think it was a great closer. Totally with LM though - MOS/Bad/40 should end every show ever.

I'd love to see Exit return, and either Gone or Please, and Acrobat of course. I really like Breathe and I'd be happy to see it back. The odds are miniscule but I'd love to see them do a decent version of AMAAW- the only time they ever did it was atrocious, but it's got great funk.

MOS--->Bad--->40 :combust:

I think that would be an awesome segue--themes of surrender to let it go to redemption. But wow, incredibly heavy.

I am disappointed I missed out on some of my favorite songs during the last two tours. I would have loved to have heard An Cat Dubh/Into the heart, First Time and The Unforgettable Fire (JT versions were hit or miss on many nights for TUF but it was always done with great passion). Other songs I liked to hear: A Sort of Homecoming, Seconds, Surrender, A Celebration (a girl can dream, right?), UTEOTW, Wild Horses and Hawkmoon 269~only to name a few.

Too bad they can't have the fans pick the setlist. Have they ever done anything like that before?

^ Wow Ax I gotta disagree with you on that one, I find MOS maybe the best and most compelling song they have put together since ATYCLB. Also someone above mentioned Seconds - that would be a nice one to dust off.

MOS is an interesting effort, but the end result just doesn't grab me particularly strongly. To me, it's a decent album track and nothing more, and if it were on almost any eighties or nineties album it wouldn't even be in the top half of the tracks. I have no particular desire to play it, and I'd be a bit bored if it were a fixture in the next tour's set, but if it came on my iTunes or the band played it, I probably wouldn't skip it or complain (much).

Too bad they can't have the fans pick the setlist. Have they ever done anything like that before?

We can all dream.

I guess the closest we've got have been the very rare moments when a fan request has been paid (usually when somebody's been pulled on stage to play guitar or piano for a song, like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses at Vertigo Honolulu).

Can't wrap my head around this - what do you have against 40? Both as a song and a closer? The studio version is pretty tame but the live version is exceptional.

Walk On's a great song, and was a good closer on Elevation, but "far and away their best closer"?

Well it's a matter of opinion, I guess. My personal preference is that a closer should be a big song (not HUGE though), and it should be somewhat reflective and leave the audience buzzing. I just don't think 40 does that. Plain and simple, it's purely boring. I don't like tame, quieter closers (needless to say, I haven't really liked any of U2's closer choices). Walk On was a great song that was able to end the show on a good note.

Walk On is in my top 5 U2 songs, so that may also play a role. :wink:

It might be a bit tamer, but it's the reaction from the crowd that makes it a U2 classic - the elongated "how long... to sing this song" chants, the band leaving one by one, it's not big/rocky, but to me it's always been really satisfying. MOS didn't do that.

At some gigs I think that chanting continued for like 5-10 minutes afterwards.

Well it's a matter of opinion, I guess. My personal preference is that a closer should be a big song (not HUGE though), and it should be somewhat reflective and leave the audience buzzing. I just don't think 40 does that. Plain and simple, it's purely boring. I don't like tame, quieter closers (needless to say, I haven't really liked any of U2's closer choices). Walk On was a great song that was able to end the show on a good note.

Walk On is in my top 5 U2 songs, so that may also play a role. :wink:

I've heard that in the past, that they had to do slow, meditative songs to close because if they kept trying to end with a big one people wouldn't leave. I think maybe that was in a tour review of ZOO tv, way back when.

If the fans picked the songs we'd end up with even more conservative setlists than we already have...the "fans" aren't nearly as adventurous in this regard as you might imagine. Last years 360 fan club released CD was proof enough of that.

yeah I have to agree there. i've posted this before but it's worth posting again

EP3tKVe.png

i still find a very funny post but at the end of the day there are some people who do just go to a U2 gig to hear stuff like Pride, and fair enough.

if for some reason U2 went mad and (bypassing all other fansites, of course) said "we want Interference to choose the setlist!" or drew songs from some of the polls we've had, they'd be rehearsing some serious curveballs :lol:

Poll casual fans who aren't prepared to kill a man for liking Stand Up Comedy and like Nick suggested you get a pretty conservative greatest hits CD with a few great rarities but still, a lot of songs we'd have probably swapped.

Oy, :doh:, casuals, you've gotten those songs for hundreds of shows, step aside. An arena tour will make for more variation, and hopefully a more hardcore crowd.

It might be a bit tamer, but it's the reaction from the crowd that makes it a U2 classic - the elongated "how long... to sing this song" chants, the band leaving one by one, it's not big/rocky, but to me it's always been really satisfying. MOS didn't do that.

At some gigs I think that chanting continued for like 5-10 minutes afterwards.

This, plus it's been a U2 tradition for decades, the band members leaving one by one, leaving only their founding member on the stage to close out the night. MOS is great for towards the end of the show, but doesn't have that hanging on for more feeling 40 gives you.

I bet these songs will be in it: vertigo, get on your boots, crazy tonight, elevation, beautiful day, in a little while, stuck in a moment, sbs, wtshnn, wowy, shfwilf.

But then again, I can't complain after the last leg of the 360 tour. That setlist was awesome.

I bet these songs will be in it: vertigo, get on your boots, crazy tonight, elevation, beautiful day, in a little while, stuck in a moment, sbs, wtshnn, wowy, shfwilf.

But then again, I can't complain after the last leg of the 360 tour. That setlist was awesome.

I highly doubt that IALW will be played on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom