What Songs Are Missing From "The Complete U2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, do you want me to play Pride loud again? You know that cardboard box isn't quite a soundproof room.

OK, I'll just break NYD singles and force the shards into your box.

My version of Be There just seems to cut-off around 4.12......do all versions do that or is there a proper full version?

And it evolved into All I Want is You? What bit of it?:ohmy:

Axver said:

And namkcuR/Utoo: does this copy of Womanfish have Bono talking over the top of one verse, does it have that edited out, or is it the whole song, clean? I have the first two. I don't believe a complete, clean version of the song exists but if it does, I want to know about it. :drool:

The one I originally had has Bono talking over a few verses and then some woman talking at the end. I think it's a direct recording of what was aired on the BBC/RTE show Bringing It All Back Home from 1991. The one namkcuR sent me sounds pretty clean, though I'll listen to it again when I get home this afternoon to see if it sounds edited together.

As for my Be There, it also ends prematurely...hehe (I'm so immature..):wink:

chocky said:
It came on a 2 track promo CD. The disk is yellow with no liner and contains a full 6 minute version ('Lemonade Mix) and a 4 minute edit (Lemonade Edit).

There are 4 disks in the set - each with the same design as the Zooropa disk (the 'interference' design) and most have exclusive mixes/edits.

- Lemon - Lemonade Mixes (yellow)
- Zooropa - Edit (green)
- Numb - Edit and Album Version (red)
- Stay - Album Version (blue)

Actually, the Lemon promo was a 4-track promo CD. It was the Lemonade mixes of Lemon (both the full version and the edit) and the full version and the edit of the album mix.
I also don't consider the Lemonade Mix a remix, but more an alternate mix that didn't make the album. Rightly so, I might add, compared to the album mix.

can't help falling in love was in the complete u2... it's not listed under u2. it's listed under bono, but on the album "who's gonna ride your wild horses"

and the soundtrack version of the song was different, with elvis voice-overs added... it was on the soundtrack for the nic cage movie "honeymoon in vegas"

david said:
i forgot that bono recorded that for the honeymoon in vegas soundtrack in 92 i think

Yes, Deep in the Heart is included in the "I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for Single"(which is in the box set...

This song was recorded for the Joshua Tree sessions... Are you talking about some other song that was recorded for the honeymoon soundtrack..?

Zooropa man said:

Yes, Deep in the Heart is included in the "I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for Single"(which is in the box set...

This song was recorded for the Joshua Tree sessions... Are you talking about some other song that was recorded for the honeymoon soundtrack..?

Yeah, I was talking about Can't Help Falling in Love.

LJT said:
My version of Be There just seems to cut-off around 4.12......do all versions do that or is there a proper full version?

And it evolved into All I Want is You? What bit of it?:ohmy:

Yeah, the complete version is 4:44, hopefully someone's sent you the full thing by now, otherwise I can do it.

Well, it does have the line "all I want is you" ... I honestly don't know what else, but remember, it had seven years to evolve. :shrug: In any case, when I first discovered the song, it came with the note it eventually became AIWIY.

Axver, I'll always take the complete version if you've got it...you've got my email....:wink:

As for the Wild Irish Rose namkcuR sent me.. It's complete, and it's not blatantly apparent whether or not it's clear or if the voiceovers were just edited out. Around 1:38 or so, Bono's "my wild Irish rose" echoes, which might hint at some dubbing/editing mistake. Then around 3:40 or so, the instrumental section's volume abruptly drops and the new verse comes on pretty loud. So, basically, it might be the version with the voiceover cut out.

Avxer if you could send me it i would appreciate it:)

could u send me please "be there" the 4:44 version?
and if anyone had "i'm gonna blow ur house down" it'd be appreciated a lot. my e-mail is mee2_eg@yahoo.com
thanks a lot:drool:

Back
Top Bottom