What Larry Did Next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's from U2 Uncovered, an interview with Cat Deeley that you can find on youtube! Larry's great in that interview. "Revenge, disappointment, deep-seated anger, hatred..." :cute:

yeah, and I don't think he was joking ;)

wait. does this (incredible screencap from enajh) count?? :cute:
GMA_08.jpg

oh and the fragrance? eau de lars.

"Fragrance Lawrence" ...and it's counter part "Eau de Drummer"?

(Both said with faux French accent.)

New Larry? I think he's the same Larry. :) Maybe a bit more open than usual in interviews [like the bits he told about his family in Q] but I saw him many times in public this charming, witty and genuinely nice. And in interviews he often jokes and smiles. So I don't think it's such a radical change. And I'm sure those who followed him more closely through the years and paid more attention to him can agree with me. :wink: People often misunderstand his shyness and his huge need for privacy and they tag him as the "always moody and grumpy one". If he feels in his element, then he will be more open, like any other person, really. And New York to him is "home away from home" as he put it. :wink:

Btw, he gave an interview to Larry Gogan back in 2004 too, quite a lengthy interview if I remember well. So no. I don't think he became "suddenly" chatty.

It's good to see Larry and Adam in the interviews a bit more lately. And it's good to see Larry smile and joking.

That is the one thing I remember from Bill Flanagan's book... Larry mentioning that it some of the book painted him to be a bit humourless. Truth is, by all accounts... He's a friendly, witty, happy chap.

yeah. it's a great book it shows who he really is... :reject: he's a good person, just doesn't like that strange people get to know his personal life.

and even if you watch the rattle and hum dvd its larry who is making them all laugh when adam is talking and copying adam's hand movements trying to put him off

that always makes me giggle, so I always assumed from then he liked to mess around and joke

What Larry did next:
03/09/09
07:39 pm
His SUV is the only one that stops for the waiting U2-loving fans. Mr.Mullen gets out of the car and WOW's the crowd by going up to them and shaking hands/breaking hearts/showing off the new and improved Larry.
Thinking he is done with that opposite side my side of the crowd whines that Larry is DONE and going back into the car. But how wrong we were! He crosses the very wide driveway to our side and meets/touches fans. (I've met the other 3 band members quite a few times never thought I would meet Larry.) when it was my turn I reached out (as everyone was) and he took my hand and SMILED! (as he did for everyone) I said Thank you Larry for a GREAT album! he said "you're welcome" in his rough Irish accent.
I was able to take good pictures "very up close" and PROOF that Larry is smiling to the fans *will post pics later*

He has soft hands and a strong handshake doesn't he. I got to experience it twice last week

What Larry did next-part 2:
03/09/09
09:25pm
Now the band and the crowd has moved across the street-All us fans run like crazy people, and form 2 groups across from each other. we wait, talk, sing. finally Adam comes out and signs for as many fans as possible-then The Edge, then Bono finally Larry comes out- he doesn't sign anything but he poses for pictures and shakes hands.(I did not know this until he came up to me) I tried to give him my sharpie to sign. but he exteneded his hand. I was confused for a second he looked me in the eye and SMILED. I took his soft warm hand once again and I said Thank you Larry! and he said "THANK YOU!:) " and on he went.
*will post pictures later*

Mr. Larry Mullen is definately back on my list :love:

Did anyone happen to watch Letterman last night? There was a little clip of U2 hanging out in the Green room and when Letterman told them they did not have time for the band to perform, Larry got mad and threw his sticks on the floor. I died laughing :lol:

I knew I should have watched Letterman last night! :grumpy: I was wondering if he would have some U2 stuff carry over after they were on like Conan O'Brien did.

Back
Top Bottom