What Kind of U2 Concert Fan are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never go to a U2 concert drunk!!!! That's indeed the bast advice ever. For 2 reasons:

1. If you have to pee because you had too many beers, you're big time screwed if you're in the heart.......(or in the front)

2. If you don't even remember that you went on stage and sang Party Girl with Bono on the B-Stage.....:wink:

Anyway, be sober at a U2 concert!!!!

Never go to a U2 concert drunk!!!! That's indeed the best advice ever. For 2 reasons:

1. If you have to pee because you had too many beers, you're big time screwed if you're in the heart.......(or in the front)

2. If you don't even remember that you went on stage and sang Party Girl with Bono on the B-Stage.....:wink:

Anyway, be sober at a U2 concert!!!!

RademR said:
it just got annoying cause I was screaming EDGE's name all night and it wasn't going well together....
j/k :wink:
:laugh: :laugh:

:applaud: this is a great, hilarious thread, Rad! I'm getting a real kick out of everyone's answers!

It's got me smiling and quietly chortling [i'm at the library's Net acess computers :shifty:]...and I couldn't even get either NY or NJ tix, and i can't afford to travel. :mad: :madspit: :sad:
I think I'm in denial, too. Still hoping somehow i'll get to one of those shows. I missed tix to post 9-11 show, but got one 2 hrs before the 1st NYC show! But to your question....

I'm more of a b than a c- when it comes to singing. Though if certain lines of a song, or a particular song that is not in the top tier [ie, streets, bad, WOWY etc] that i very meaningful to me...I'll sing it but in a modeerate to low voice. My voice is pretty ok, but it's rather high-pitched. So I try to keep it down, when everyone else is not singing. :D

Otherwise I'm a very vocal, knetic rock concert goer for my esp fav bands. I'll woooo/yell/cheer at the begining of a song- esp if it's a rarity- and at the end. I dance, I wave my hands, or pump my fists.

I also love to watch the band interact with each other, and with the audience!!! it's usually soooo great, so coool, so fun. Sometimes it's even so seriously moving, too.

Last edited:
bollox said:
im not quite as bad at other shows, but u2 shows make me act crazy-retarded, like a 13 year old girl at an usher show. i'll be jumping up and down and screaming like a little bitch :crazy:

seeing u2 makes me understand old beatles clips, where the crowd is just continuously screaming and practically drowning out the music. seeing u2 can be such an amazing experience that i've felt the only possible reaction is to incomprehensibly scream out . . . though i usually manage to reign it in :)

I think your comment about The Beatles' fans in concert is very apt & insightful! :up: If you ever see the old Ed Sullivan Show clips, i think I've seen some young guys 'wigging' out as well, wait...it may be It's A Hard Day's Night footage instead- where they let in a real fan audience that went bonkers. Or both clips :D.

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
I am "d."

d) Full grown adult male turned in "can't stand still freakin' teenaged girl" mode. Screams inbetween songs like someone is dying. Sings key parts just loud enough. The whole time praying that time would just slow the hell down and let the moment last forever. :wink:

d) :laugh: :lmao: :laugh:....... :hug: It takes a strong guy to admit to his "inner thirteen yr old girl" :D Part of a concert IS too let yourself gooooo!

yes i pray for time s-ttt-rrr-eee-tttt-cccc-hhhh, too.
But you know, sometiomes I am so deep in it , it does feel like a very long time., which i love.

Last edited:
haha, i'm all of the above, kinda uncontrollable. at one of the philly shows were right up in front of Adam, andi have a really big mouth, so i just yelled adam (between songs of course, as to not piss off everyone) and he just came up after like the 3rd or 4th song, and smiled and waved, i think to shut me up. it was funny though.

awesome. ok bye.

Being a bit of a singer I admit I fall into the C category. Considering I tend to (well try to) harmonise sometimes too, I'm amazed I haven't been on the receving end of a good hard slap.

:uhoh: And then there's the dancing :dancing:

Just shows what a tolerant lot U2 fans are

Roland of Gilead said:
I am "d."

d) Full grown adult male turned in "can't stand still freakin' teenaged girl" mode. Screams inbetween songs like someone is dying. Sings key parts just loud enough. The whole time praying that time would just slow the hell down and let the moment last forever. :wink:

I think I love you :love:

during the elevation tour i was deeply out of control (in the heart), and just as i was scheming about how i could lasso Bono with my panties (or use them as a kind of snare) I turned and saw three of my (college) students just standing there blinking at me. :| ah, to hell with 'em!

Back
Top Bottom