What is your Take on Abortion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Q]Debate Rule 101:

Do not shoot your mouth off if your brain is not loaded.[/Q]

:banghead:

Justin24 said:
The whole sperm bank issue is in response to how men should not have a say in matters when it's their child also. I mean he should be able to keep the child if he wanted to and leave the mother if she did not want the child.

Well then he should also carry the child. You arguments have nothing other than your opinions backing them up. Abortion has been around since humans have been around. It is fact that in the early English colonies herbs were tken to ensure a woman bleeding. By outlawing we can go back to the days of coat hangers and death.
To say adoption is the answer is plain ignorant. The adoption system in the United States is the most corrupt system out there. Why do you think sooooo many familes choose to adopt children from other countries? It is because it is the only option for them. Unless you are part of the wealthy upper class good luck getting a child that so desperatly needs you.
Before you say your argument I would ask you to atempt to put yourself in the place of a woman who finds herself pregnant. A woman who is scared and alone and maybe in college or high school or even a CEO of a company. A woman that was on the pill and did use condoms (it happens and do not ever tell me either of those methods are 100% effective). A woman who simply found herself in a situation that was unavoidable and she did not want to bring a child into this world. Do not ever preach to people until you have walked in their shoes. You have no idea.

BonosBaby12 said:
Why should he have been denied his child that he really wanted because she saw it as an inconvience?

And he paid for every cent of her healthcare during her pregnancy, during and after the child's birth? He has sole custody, with no question that he's raising that child completely on his own, with no question of her having any responsilbility for the child at all?

Because when you force a woman to give birth, all that's the least you can do for her.

Because if they followed God's teachings, God would not permit this. Your are killing life.

deep said:

Rule 107: If your mouth is loaded
you may get your brains shot out! :huh:

If more mouth's were loaded, there would be less accidental pregnancies?

I am for the Death Penalty. Because unlike a child, the murderer has controll over his actions. God gave us free will to think. The only thing is we are accountable for all the things we do in our life.

Justin24 said:
There still christians. But no one says we are all perfect.

Who is pefect may I ask? As someone who went to Catholic school until college and still goes to Mass weekely I am ashamed you are usuing your religion to defend this. The Catholic relegion is in turmoil and desperatly in need of a reform. You are ignorant if you do not see this and to use religion to hide behind the defending of your beliefs is disgraceful.

Justin24 said:
There still christians. But no one says we are all perfect.

They're still Christians but they are somehow imperfect?

What should Christian's believe?

martha said:

And he paid for every cent of her healthcare during her pregnancy, during and after the child's birth? He has sole custody, with no question that he's raising that child completely on his own, with no question of her having any responsilbility for the child at all?

Because when you force a woman to give birth, all that's the least you can do for her.

This girl has absolutely no part in my niece's life and has never bothered. She had that child and just discarded her like a piece of trash. My brother works hard to provide fo his daughter and see to it that she has everything she needs and wants. Did he force this girl to have sex with him? No he didn't and she was well aware of what her actions could end in. Shouldn't have sex if you are not going to be grown up enough to face what could happen.

Oh and may I also add that she was common enough to avoid him at all costs whenever he tried to find out about his baby? She would go on her little hiding sprees for months and he would be left wondering what the hell is going on. My brother did everything he could to see to it that this baby was healthy during pregnancy and now.

Last edited:
A christian can believe what ever he want's. I dont have to believe in what he/she does.

If a person is being executed in my name because he/she killed some one close to me then I will answer for it when I die.

BonosBaby12 said:

This girl has absolutely no part in my niece's life and has never bothered. Was it my brother's place to pay for her healthcare and see to everything? No it wasn't since she had healthcare and had no problem with having sex. Never mind the fact that during her pregnancy she repeatedly ignored any attempt when he contacted her to see how his baby was doing. And yes he does have sole custody of HIS child and supports that child.

And is in extremely the minority is situations as this. If every girl that got pregnants situation worked out like this we would never have a problem or a debate. Hats off to your brother.

Gotta go to. Have a good night or day, where ever you are in the world. Be safe.

Justin24 said:
A christian can believe what ever he want's. I dont have to believe in what he/she does.

If a person is being executed in my name because he/she killed some one close to me then I will answer for it when I die.

Aren't all Christians led to believe basically all the same principles? Obviously if you practice the same religion you are believing the same things. Also the one who had the abortion also has to face the conseqences when they die. Whatever non significant ones they may be.

martha said:

Good.

But be careful about insisting that it's acceptable to force a woman to carry a child to term. These things have a way of biting us in the ass.

Ok, now I really am going home.

He couldn't stand the thought of his child not being given a chance at life. On this topic he felt the need to stand strong and not back down.

I would do everything possible to try and convince the person to have the child and let me raise the child. Ultimately though, it is her decision to give 9 months of her life to the child. It would hurt me tremendously to know there was life that was destroyed that came from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom